Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of These?
  Re: (...)
I'm needing to try some new stuff in the coming week. Tell me if you've tried any of these and what you thought of them. They're not necessarily "summery" but that's ok, it's summer here 9 months out of the year!

Tagliatelle Primavera w/Goat Cheese and Seared Seafood (June 07)
Grilled Knackwurst & Cherry Sauce w/Chive Mashed Potatoes & Arugula (Aug 07)
Jalapeno Poppers w/Crab, Corn & Cheese (Aug 07)
The Day After Turkey Sandwich & Sweet Potato Salad w/Creamy Lime Dressing (Dec 07)
Italian Chili & Italian Nachos (Feb 08)
  Re: Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of These? by Trixxee (I'm needing to try s...)
We did the day after turkey, and the kids thought they were great, Trix.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of These? by pjcooks (We did the day after...)
The Tagliatelle Primavera with Goat Cheese and Seared Seafood from June of 2007 sounds great. It was a bit before my time around here...is the recipe around the forums or can you post it by any chance???

The same goes for the Jalopeno Poppers with Crab, Corn and Cheese...sounds yummy to us.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of These? by pjcooks (We did the day after...)
The Italian Chili Nachos were a part of Lab's dinner review. I don't think any of us were impressed. I'll try to attach the thread. Here it is: Dinner Review: Italian Nachos

I've not tried the rest, but look forward to comments. This is a good idea for older recipes. I like posting menus and getting opinions before I buy. There are some that don't always review and I haven't seen all the reviews. It would be cool if some of you with older issues reviewed some stuff you liked or didn't. Maybe we should start a favorites and flops thread....LOL!

I'll be working on my next menu tomorrow! Got tomorrow done though! SHRIMP!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of These? by Gourmet_Mom (The Italian Chili Na...)
I've done the Jalapeno poppers and we loved them. Had extra filling leftover, so mixed it with some rice and that made a great side dish the next night.

That's the only one I've tried out of your list.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of These? by cjs (I've done the Jalape...)
We did the Italian Chili with the Nachos. Chili was good for a change, but I have not made it again. Nachos were just okay.
  Re: Re: Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of These? by Gourmet_Mom (The Italian Chili Na...)
Quote:

The Italian Chili Nachos were a part of Lab's dinner review. I don't think any of us were impressed. I'll try to attach the thread. Here it is: Dinner Review: Italian Nachos

Indeed - not impressed at all. Just some mediocre bruchetta given a cool-sounding name. Try this recipe instead.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of These? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I say again...
The Tagliatelle Primavera with Goat Cheese and Seared Seafood from June of 2007 sounds great. It was a bit before my time around here...is the recipe around the forums or can someone post it by any chance???...Please???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of The by firechef (I say again...[br]Th...)
I'll type it out for you, firechef.

For the seafood:
Toss in 1 T. Olive Oil; Sear:
4 jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined (tails left on)
4 sea scallops, patted dry
Minced zest of 1/2 lemon
S&P

For the pasta:
Sweat in 1 T. Olive Oil and add:
Cook:
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup asparagus tips & stems, chopped
1/3 cup onion, diced
1/3 cup yellow or orange pepper, diced
1 t. garlic, minced
PInch of red pepper flakes
3 oz. dry tagliatelle or linguine

Add and simmer; Stir in:
1/2 cup pasta water
1 pkg. soft goat cheese, crumbled (3.5 oz)
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup frozen peas
1 T. chopped fresh parsley
S&P to taste
Lemon Wedges

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. Toss the seafood, zest and seasonings in 1 T. oil in a bowl, set aside.

Sweat the broccoli, asparagus, onion, and bell pepper in 1 T. oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Cook until onion begins to turn translucent, about 5 minutes, then add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook the pasta in boiling water according to package directions.

Add the pasta water and summer until vegetables are crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the goat cheese until melted, then add tomatoes, peas, parsley and seasonings. Transfer the cooked pasta from the water to the pan using tongs; toss to coat with sauce. Keep pasta warm over very low heat.

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high. Sear the scallops until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn them over, add the shrimp and cook the seafood an additional 4-5 minutes or just until scallops and shrimp are firm. To serve, divide pasta between 2 plates, top each with seafood and garnish with lemons.
  Re: Re: Random C@H Recipes - Have You Tried Any of The by Trixxee (I'll type it out for...)
Thanks Trixxee! I've copied this one too! I have a seafood primavera that I really like, but I've been looking for the perfect one. (I lost "THE BEST ONE" from a chef that won a dairy cookoff several years ago!) I'll have to add this to the "must try" list to compare!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.