Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese
  Re: (...)
Next Wednesday, I need to make a coconut dessert for a friend of mine and I'm not a real coconut fan, so I'm kind of stumped.

Are these cupcakes good? Has anyone tried and liked them? (geez, guess I could have done a search... ) They were in issue #50.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese by cjs (Next Wednesday, I ne...)
I made them, two years ago I think...Is that the right timing. They were good. I enjoyed them. I made them for the kids Bday party, and the carrot ones.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese by esgunn (I made them, two yea...)
Because we're talking cupcakes, (sorry not coconut) I made the chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling and topped with glossy chocolate frosting from Issue 37 last weekend for a gathering. Oh my, were they good. That frosting will definitely become my new go to.
Shannon
  Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese by cjs (Next Wednesday, I ne...)
Jean, haven't tried the coconut cupcakes but you might think about the Italian Cream cupcakes in issue 67 or 68. They were really good, and have a lot of coconut in them.
Shannon
  Re: Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese by Dismc (Jean, haven't tried ...)
Thanks, didn't run across those - will look at them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I made the cupcakes without the frosting. They were excellent. There are quite a few reviews for them at recipezaar.com.

coconut cupcakes
  Re: Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese by jend (I made the cupcakes ...)

jean made them and they were very good

But the Italian Cream cupcakes sound better!

marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
So, how did they turn out?
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese by esgunn (So, how did they tur...)
Well, those who like coconut were very happy - I didn't care for them - they even seemed on the dry side to me, but as long as MS Joyce was happy.

Oh I forgot to mention the dessert that started all this! I found a recipe for a lemon & lime (layered) pie a couple of weeks ago and showed it to my friend who loves to cook and he wanted to make it for us this week when we were at their house - the only problem was his wife does not care for citrus, and that's when I said I'd make a cocounut (her favorite) for her dessert.

The lemon/lime pie was just delicious!! Now, it's buried but I'll find it and post the recipe, had a graham cracker crust and (lots) of whipped cream...but what a great combination of flavors it was.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Coconut Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese by cjs (Well, those who like...)
Quote:

The lemon/lime pie was just delicious!!

I feel a bit dehydrated this morning (one glass of chardonnay too many perhaps?) and a lemon lime pie sounds absolutely quenching! I wish I had some.