looking for recipe from an old Cuisine at Home
  Re: (...)
I just started getting Cuisine at Home in January as a gift. I absolutely love it. I know there was a recipe (possibly last year) for shrimp, chicken, and sausage jambalaya made in foil packets on the grill. Can anyone share the recipe with me, please?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: looking for recipe from an old Cuisine at Home by chef_Tab (I just started getti...)
Again, welcome Chef Tab! I don't have a Membership Plus access to the archived recipes, but several on here do. One of them should be along shortly to help you out. Meanwhile, you may want to check out our very own Lab's site: cookingtheworld.com to see the indices (sp?) for all the issues. When I looked, there were three listed. By chance, is the one you are looking for called Summertime Jambalaya from Volume 11 Issue 64?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: looking for recipe from an old Cuisine at Home by chef_Tab (I just started getti...)
Well, shoot - I just posted three jambalaya recipes for you and it's not any of them - the one you want is in Issue $64, so it's not in the c@H archives.

I wish I had time to type it up for you today, but if someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll get to it tomorrow. Sorry.

Welcome to the forums and hope to see you around here often. Sounds like you're already hooked on the magazine!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: looking for recipe from an old Cuisine at Home by Gourmet_Mom (Again, welcome Chef ...)
I am not sure when it was published. I never saw it, only ate it and it has this killer sauce that I cannot stop craving. I do not know the person who made it either, just remembered that she said the recipe came from Cuisine at Home. It was recent, but I believe she did say it was from last year. I have had so much going on this year, I confuse easily. That is my excuse, anyway! I will check the Lab's site, thanks again for your help.
Theresa

Re: Re: looking for recipe from an old Cuisine at Home by cjs (Well, shoot - I just...)
this is going to sound really dumb, but how do I see the recipes you just posted? I feel like an person!
Theresa

Re: Re: looking for recipe from an old Cuisine at Home by chef_Tab (this is going to sou...)
LOL...I don't think she posted them, but was going to. And for sure, there are NO dumb questions around here. Honestly, some of us get quite ditzy sometimes, so seeing someone else have a DUH moment is helpful! I found one from 1999 when I did a search for Jambalaya. Here it is...(note the spelling of the thread. Feel better?) jumbalaya
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: looking for recipe from an old Cuisine at Home by chef_Tab (this is going to sou...)
Quote:

this is going to sound really dumb, but how do I see the recipes you just posted? I feel like an person!

Welcome to the forum Tab. I've been here a while, and even I don't see that any such recipes were posted, so I think she may have forgotten to do so, or just decided against posting those once she discovered none of them were the one you sought. It's also possible she posted them as Private Messages - in which case, a little envelope icon will be blinking at the top of the page near the "Logout" link that's after your name. If so, just click that icon. Otherwise, it sounds as though she'll type in the correct recipe tomorrow.

Again, welcome!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Jambalaya on the Grill
(Cuisine at Home #64)
Makes 4 packets; Total time: 40 minutes

Cook:
1 cup medium grain white rice

Toss Together:
8 oz. andouille sausage, cut diagonally into 1/2” think slices
1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4 oz.)
1 cup onion, sliced
1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
2/3 cup celery, thinly sliced
2/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
2/3 cup okra, sliced into 3/4”-thick rounds (thawed if frozen)
2 Tbsp. garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine; Top vegetables with and grill:
12 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on (1 lb.)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. Tabasco
Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cold, cubed

Garnish With:
Chopped scallions
Lemon wedges

Preheat grill to medium.
Cook rice according to package directions and keep warm.
Toss sausage, chicken, vegetables, garlic, 2 Tbsp. oil, parsley, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; set aside.
Combine shrimp with brown sugar, 1 Tbsp. oil, paprika, Tabasco, salt, and pepper; set aside. Lay 4 pieces of 18 x 18” foil on flat surface. Divide sausage and vegetable mixture evenly between foil pieces, then top each with 3 shrimp and 3 cubes of butter. Fold the top of each foil piece over jambalaya so edges meet, then crimp together as shown to completely seal the packets. Grill for 8-10 minutes, or until puffed; remove from grill and let rest for 2 – 3 minutes. Cut tops of packets open and spoon the jambalaya over the cooked rice.
Garnish with scallions and lemon.
  Re: Re: looking for recipe from an old Cuisine at Home by jend ( [b]Jambalaya on the...)
bless you, bless you, bless you! Thanks a million, this is the one!
Theresa

Re: Re: looking for recipe from an old Cuisine at Home by Gourmet_Mom (LOL...I don't think ...)
Thanks, I cannot wait to get the hang of this. My brain and eyes hurt. I am really trying. So glad I got that recipe tho. Might be tomorrow's dinner. Yum.
Theresa