Cookie Biscotti Sticks
  Re: (...)
Oh boy, were these a hit at the party last night! Between the party and neighbors this is what was left for this morning's coffee....
[Image: biscottisticks.jpg]

They are great with coffee and with wine last night - can't tell you what kind, there were 3 or 4 open.

Cookie Biscotti Sticks
Southern Living Christmas book, ‘07

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2/3 cup butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups uncooked regular oats
12 oz. pkg. semisweet chocolate morsels (I used bittersweet)
1 cup butterscotch morsels
2 T. shortening
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup coarsely chopped peanuts

Stir together sugar, butter & corn syrup in a large saucepan; cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves and butter melts.
Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 cup peanut butter and vanilla.
Gently stir in oats. Press into bottom of an ungreased 13X9” pan lined with aluminum foil.
Bake at 375 F. for 20-22 minutes or until browned.

Melt together chocolate and butterscotch morsels and shortening in a saucepan over med. heat, stirring until smooth; stir in 1/2 cup peanut butter.
Spread over baked cookie crust; sprinkle with peanuts.

Let cool in pan on a wire rack 20 min. Cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or till firm. (or pop them in the freezer for speed cooling. Just be sure to let them stand 5 min at room temperature before cutting.)

Lift uncut cookies out of pan using foil as handles. Cut crosswise into approximately 1” thick sticks using a large chef’s knife.
Wrap in cellophane bags or plastic wrap for gift giving.
-------

I never have creamy peanut butter, so used super chunky. Good thing those were the only two left in the house...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cookie Biscotti Sticks by cjs (Oh boy, were these a...)
My family would love these. Thanks for posting the recipe. They look like toffee. Yummm...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Cookie Biscotti Sticks by Mare749 (My family would love...)
This looks like a winner! Copied to MC.
  Re: Re: Cookie Biscotti Sticks by HomeCulinarian (This looks like a wi...)
Looks like another winner! Is it as good as the "Yum" cake? If it's anything like that in flavor, but with a crunch, I'm in trouble! (Just looked back and it has butterscotch morsels too...a toffee twist? OMG) But now that I have a new audience for my "bad for you stuff" (the kids at the grocery store), I will be able to test drive more of this kind of thing without getting too big to get through the door.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.