off topic.......kilts?
  Re: (...)
Just out of curiousity, does anyone wear kilts or have a husband who wears kilts on this forum?
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: off topic.......kilts? by chef_Tab (Just out of curiousi...)
You could do a survey!

Answer at my house is no -- hubby is German/Italian.
  Re: Re: off topic.......kilts? by HomeCulinarian (You could do a surve...)
I drink Scotch, blended and single malt. Otherwise I'm of German descent and love Italian food and wine.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: off topic.......kilts? by Old Bay (I drink Scotch, blen...)
I am of German descent as well. My husband is the Scottish one and a kiltmaker. He is part of a kilt wearing forum, and I am always amazed at the number of kilt wearers in the US. I just thought it would be fun to find out if there are any other "cross-overs"! I guess Germans are more known for their love of food.
Theresa

Re: off topic.......kilts? by chef_Tab (Just out of curiousi...)
Nope-but I made one for a man about 30 (eeeks, that's a long time) years ago. Lots of pleating on form, and pleats within pleats. Much easier to make them for men than women, we're too curvy.

Okay, I'm nosey:o,are you thinking about making one?

PJ

ETA I guess I should have finished reading this thread before I jumped in! That's great that he's a kilt maker, and authentic to boot! A lost art is being revived.

I'm German, Dutch and Welsh, the other half is Portuguese and French Canadian.
PJ
  Re: Re: off topic.......kilts? by pjcooks (Nope-but I made one ...)
I do not have the patience required for kilt making. My husband actually wrote some sort of program to figure out the pleating depending on if it is to sett or stripe. He sews them all by hand. They really are works of art in my opinion. Unfortunately, he uses the dining room and it is always a mess.
Portuguese, huh? One of my favorite foods is linguica. Can't get it here though, so I have to import it from New England.
Theresa

Re: Re: off topic.......kilts? by chef_Tab (I do not have the pa...)
No one in our house or neighborhood (at least from what I've seen...)

Bag pipes go with kilts - does he play?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: off topic.......kilts? by cjs (No one in our house ...)
Interesting question Jean! William's uncle went to the Highland Games and requested bag pipes at his funeral. I don't think he ever got a kilt, but other, more distant relatives from that branch did. I'm English/Scotch/Irish, but no one has ever pursued the Scotch side of our heritage. William is Scotch/French-Hugonaught (sp?).
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: off topic.......kilts? by cjs (No one in our house ...)
He has bagpipes, but has not learned to play....phew! The kiltmaking keeps him busy. He always seems to have a few backlogged. He also has a huge loom and wants to learn to weave, but again, the kilting takes all his free time. And just FYI, they are known as Scottish, not scotch...that is a drink!
Theresa

Re: Re: off topic.......kilts? by chef_Tab (He has bagpipes, but...)
LOL! I stand corrected! I so know this...I guess it's a little bit of computer short-cutting. But, but, what about Scotch-Irish? Isn't that an ethnic group? or sub-ethnic? (Are any of those hyphenated words even words?)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.