Seedy Rolls?
  Re: (...)
Ok, so I've searched the net for a while with NO success, so I'm gonna pick your brains. When William and I went out to eat in MB, SC a while back, I mentioned the AWESOME rolls they served with the salad. Well, I want to try to duplicate the rolls. What I remember about them was that they had nuts/seeds/oats in and on them. In other words, the stuff was part of the dough. They weren't just rolled in them. I remember seeds mostly, like sunflower or pumpkin, etc. Any ideas?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Seedy Rolls? by Gourmet_Mom (Ok, so I've searched...)
How about something like this one?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Seedy Rolls? by labradors (How about something ...)
That's a good sounding recipe, Labs. Thanks for posting it. Just might have to be trying that one real soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Seedy Rolls? by Mare749 (That's a good soundi...)
That looks good Labs! That may be what I'm looking for. At least it's a place to start. Thanks!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Seedy Rolls? by Gourmet_Mom (That looks good Labs...)
I bought a couple pkgs. of Red Mill 7-grain cereal a couple of months ago to add to bread dough and we really like it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Seedy Rolls? by cjs (I bought a couple pk...)
That recipe does sound good. I love multigrain breads and rolls, as long as they don't also start adding walnuts, etc., to it. Probably can't get that exact cereal, here, but I'll have to look to see if anything similar is available.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Seedy Rolls? by labradors (That recipe does sou...)
I'm not sure that I will be able to find all these ingredients. I'd have to see if they have opened another health food store in Wilmington. But what do you think of these ingredients:

Sourdough Six Grain Bread
250g Rye whole grain flour
750g wheat whole grain flour
1/2 - 3/4l warm water
60g sour dough
1 teaspoonful dry yeast
50g wheat berries
50g dinkel (spelt) berries
50g barley berries
50g millet berries
50g buckwheat berries
2 teaspoonful of salt
50g rolled oats

I found it at this interesting site: Bread Net The whole recipe is a part of a pictorial, so I wasn't able to copy it all. But if you're interested, it's in the first 30 on the list. It's an interesting list. I'm off to check out the prosciutto bread recipes.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Seedy Rolls? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure that I ...)
sounds good, but I agree you'll probably have better luck finding Red Mill products than all that!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Seedy Rolls? by cjs (sounds good, but I a...)
That's what I was thinking, but I will probably have to order that too! I'll wait until my next trip to Wilmington. Lowes Food carries the Red Mill, but doesn't carry that product...at least not from what I've learned online. I also found these recipes on there:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Dee's Grainy Sour-Dough Bread

Recipe By iane Henderson
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 cup warm water
1 1/2 cups hot water
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons molasses
1/4 cup butter
1/8 cup flax seed
1/8 cup millet
1/8 cup cracked wheat
1/8 cup buckwheat
1/8 cup oat groats
1 cup sour-dough starter
3 cups whole wheat flour
5 cups bread flour{or more}
1 egg
1 tablespoon water
poppy or sesame seed

Proof the yeast. Put the next 10 ingredients into a large bowl and mix well. When cooled, stir in the starter and whole wheat flour. Beat well.

Add the bread flour a cup at a time until dough comes away from the side of the bowl. Knead for 10 minutes on a floured board. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover, let rise until doubled in size. Punch down and form into 3 balls. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.

Form into oblong loaves and place on greased cookie sheets. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with seeds. Cover and let rise until doubled.

Bake at 400* for 30 - 40 minutes.

Source:
"The Bread Net"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Spring Street Prosciutto Bread

Recipe By :From: Tim Culey
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (105-110F)
2 eggs
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 1/4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup fresh parmesan cheese
2 cups minced prosciutto
cornmeal for dusting

Dissolve yeast in the warm water in a large mixing bowl and set aside for 15 minutes. Stir in eggs and oil. Combine 3 cups of flour with salt and pepper, and stir into the yeast mixture. Knead to combine adding more flour, a little at a time, to make a firm dough.

Combine Parmesan cheese and prosciutto, lightly dust with flour. Work mixture into the dough. Turn dough out onto a floured board and ! knead until smooth, 10 minutes. Return dough to a well-oiled bowl, cover, set aside to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 2 hours.

Punch down dough and knead for 3 minutes. Divide dough in half. Form each half into an oblong loaf. Sprinkle 2 baking sheets with cornmeal and place a loaf on each. Set aside to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

Line oven with wet baking tiles, stones or trays of terra-cotta chips and preheat to 425F.

Using a razor, make 6 slashes diagonally across the top of each loaf. Bake until golden, about 40 minutes, spraying with a plant mister every 5 minutes for the first 15 minutes of baking. Cool on a wire rack.

Source:
"The Bread Net"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I better get busy playing next week. I've only got a little time left and I haven't got my painting done or the spare room "furnished" yet either. Those are the last house projects...that and finding a house keeper. That one may have to wait until YS leaves in October though.
Daphne