Bill's Bloody Bulls
  Re: (...)
Next to a dry gin martini, the bloody bull is the great American cocktail--

Juice of 2 large lemons
3 T Louisiana hot sauce, such as Crystal, Tabasco
3 T Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce
1 -10&1/2 oz can Campbells double rich beef broth (yes, the brand is important)
2 cans (see above, use the empty can) vodka
1 t celery salt
1 t cayenne pepper
1 -32 oz bottle Tabasco, mildly seasoned bloody mary mix

Stir well, serve over ice, garnish with celery stalks,Pickled aspasagus, pickled okra,pickled green beans, olives--
Good Morning at brunch!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls by Old Bay (Next to a dry gin ma...)
Quote:

... beef broth...

When I saw the title, I thought this was going to include Red Bull. Now I see the significance of the name. LOL!
Quote:

Pickled aspasagus, pickled okra,pickled green beans

By the time you're done with this, YOU will be pickled - no need for the other accompaniments to be so, as well. LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Sounds very good - sorry I saw this too late for this Sunday's brunch, altho we do make good ones. copied
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls by cjs (Sounds very good - s...)
I'll be copying also. A while back, we had Bloody Mary's on a regular basis. Our favorite condiment was a dill pickle. People thought we were crazy...LOL! But made with Clamato juice as apposed to tomato, it worked.

May be time to get back into these. I've also got a friend that loves a good one, so I'll be sharing with him also.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls by Old Bay (Next to a dry gin ma...)
I had to read this for the fourth time, printed on paper to finally get that it was NOT 1 32 oz bottle of Tabasco sauce. Whooooooeeeeee! Whoever could drink that would be a truly brave bull! I think I'd best leave the drink making to Bob and Jennifer!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls by Harborwitch ( [img]/ubbthreads/im...)
Quote:

I had to read this for the fourth time, printed on paper to finally get that it was NOT 1 32 oz bottle of Tabasco sauce. Whooooooeeeeee! Whoever could drink that would be a truly brave bull! I think I'd best leave the drink making to Bob and Jennifer!

I am soooo sorry--that could be misleading--no- it's quite good if you use a 32 oz bottle of bloody mary mix!!!--I did drink a shot glass of tabasco in College, on a dare--very unpleasant and also the next day!!
Where are you landlocked??
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
That's okay Bill. Only someone who actually buys Tabasco by the quart . . . !

We are most fortunate to be landlocked in the "Foreclosure Capital of the US", Stockton, CA. I hate not being close enough to water to see it - let alone live on it. Grrrr.

I can remember a friend who didn't like the fact that I took her picture. She decided that doctoring my beer with a "collar" of juice off of habanero peppers while I was in the bathroom would be appropriate retribution.

Yiiiiiiyiiiiioooooooooooooh! Her husband brought me a new beer. It took about 15 minutes to get to the point that I wanted MORE!! Lord love a duck! I'm crazy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bill's Bloody Bulls by Harborwitch (That's okay Bill. O...)
You know Sharon, I'm feeling quite DOY myself. I never even noticed there was no tomato juice in it. DUH! I read it to mean one ounce of tabasco to 32 ounces....LOL! I figured for the adventurous drinker! OH MY! I went back and fixed it on MC....LOL! That would have been one messed up cocktail!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.