3 dried ancho chiles, stemmed, seeded, torn
1 T. tomato paste
I t. chili powder
1/2 t. each ground cumin and dried oregano leaves
3 cups chicken broth
1/2 lb. ground turkey breast
1/2 t. each dried oregano leaves and ground cumin
Juice of 1/2 a lime
I can yellow hominy, drained, rinsed (14 oz.)
Salt to taste

Sweat tomatoes, onion, garlic, tortilla pieces, chiles, tomato paste, and spices in 2 T. oil in a large saute pan over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium﷓low, and simmer 10 minutes.

Transfer mixture to a blender, puree until smooth, then return soup base to pan and keep warm over low heat.

Saute turkey, oregano, and cumin in a nonstick skillet in I T. oil over mediumhigh heat 4﷓5 minutes, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon; stir in lime juice. Add turkey, hominy, and salt to soup base and simmer until heated through, about 2 minutes.

Garnish servings of pozole with queso fresco, cilantro, lettuce, avocado, radishes, and limes.

Per cup pozole with 1 muffin:

CALORIES 280 (31 % calories from fat);
FAT I Og (saturated 2g); CHOL 35mg; CARB 34;
SODIUM 643Mg; FIBER 6g; PROTEIN 19g; IRON 5mg;
CALCIUM 69mg

Cheddar corn mini muffins

Total time: 20 minutes

1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 cup all﷓purpose flour
1/4 t. each baking powder, baking soda, and salt
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg white
1 T. vegetable oil
1/4 cup Cheddar, shredded

Preheat oven to 375o; coat a minimuffin pan with nonstick spray. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Add cheese and wet ingredients to the dry, and whisk until combined. Scoop batter into 8 mini﷓muffin cups, place on a baking sheet, and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 12﷓15 minutes. Cool briefly.
  Re: Turkey Pozole with Mini Cheddar Corn Muffins by Harborwitch (Turkey Pozole with l...)
This looks good! I'm in. William is excited about tyring hominy. Is that why it's called Pozole? I may even use the muffin recipe for corn bread tomorrow night with my Ropa Vieja. But then I'll have to worry about keeping my mouth shut until August 18th! (That's the day before my first day back. )

BTW, the odd symbols and numbers you see are just missing dashes. Wonder why that happens sometime? I've seen it before.

Hey Sharon, you said you were using your scanner. Can you import recipes to MC from the scanner? If so, I'd love to know how?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Turkey Pozole with Mini Cheddar Corn Muffins by Gourmet_Mom (This looks good! I'...)
I have to run Omni Page to do the character recognition and then save them as a Word file - then I can import them into MC. Kind of a pain in the tush.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Turkey Pozole with Mini Cheddar Corn Muffins by Harborwitch (I have to run Omni P...)
This sounds very good, so I'm in. Review date in two weeks?

P.S. This is your birthday dinner, right?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Turkey Pozole with Mini Cheddar Corn Muffins by Mare749 (This sounds very goo...)
Sounds good to me!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Turkey Pozole with Mini Cheddar Corn Muffins by Harborwitch (Sounds good to me!...)
I be in too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Turkey Pozole with Mini Cheddar Corn Muffins by cjs (I be in too!...)

I am in too. !

sounds like a great recipe !

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Turkey Pozole with Mini Cheddar Corn Muffins by mjkcooking ([br][br]I am in too....)
Sharon

just wanted to let you know that this soup on a real winner -

I used Jalapenos in it and it was just great - made it for coupany

for over the week end - was enjoyed by all

Marye
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.