Wednesday's Dinner??
  Re: (...)
Boring, but good here - grilled steak and veggies.

Still finishing up testing of some of the recipes for the 'darn book' - had to do 3 from the Breakfast/Brunch section yesterday. Ice Cream French Toast, Ike's Ham Steak in Milk, and Cinnamon Coffee Cake, some of the ingredients were questionable, so had to play with them. Had a very happy neighborhood last night. Today, one more making of the Serrano Pesto for Crab Quesadillas and that section is done.....

(the reason for some very easy, fast dinners for a while)

What's everyone up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by cjs (Boring, but good her...)
Local corn on the cob and burgers. Both will be grilled if it doesn't rain. If it does, we'll cook them in the ark I'm building. Crab quesadilas sound good!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by Lorraine (Local corn on the co...)
YUM! The quesadilas do sound good. I've got that one copied from another thread when Labs got all those Serrano chilis...LOL! Now that we've got so many peppers and William is "easing" into Mexican food, I may have to try this. One of the few things he WOULD eat was quesadillas and he loves crab and peppers.

Tonight is our "Mexican" dinner. I don't know how much of this would be considered "Mexican", but that's what I'm calling it...LOL! We'll start with Bill's Guacamole and the Bayless Salsa recipe and Baked Corn Chips. (If I think William will be disappointed in the salsa, I'll make some of Jean's also.) Dinner will be the Ropa Vieja, getting ready to put that on. DD requested Bill's Corn, Tomato, Basil, Black Bean Salad, and I'll probably do the Cheddar Corn Muffins...you know, in case I need to do some adjusting for the review...LOL! Dessert will be the DARN cheesecake...LOL! Most of it has been promised out, but at least we have a little something sweet...even if it doesn't fit the theme!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (YUM! The quesadilas...)
I bought what I needed to make cjs's zucchini parmesan soup. I'm in the mood for something fairly light and meatless. Probably have toasted everything bagel halves with it.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by Trixxee (I bought what I need...)
I'm going to try the brats with apple kraut from Weeknight Grilling. Except, I can't find the sweet pepper relish called for the dipping sauce ... have one more store to try. Also have some fresh sweet corn.

Ordered Italian sausage from the vendor at the farmer's market and discovered I had brats instead when I got home. This week, Hubby and I went to the farmers market and bought what looked good to us, then did the menu planning. I usually shop alone. This was more fun.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner?? by HomeCulinarian (I'm going to try the...)
HC, if you hav time, this is good...

Sweet Pepper Relish Recipe

13 C. diced multicolored peppers
6 C. diced onions
3 C. cider vinegar
2 1/2 C. sugar
1 T. salt
2 t. mustard seed
1 t. celery seed

Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Pour into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. Adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a hot water bath.

Yield: 7 pints
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com