Pesto vs. Golpeado
  Re: (...)
I soloved my problem!!

This is what will be printed -

I originally called this a ‘Serrano Pesto’ ~ ‘pesto’ in Italian means ‘pounded,’ but since this is more a Spanish dish further searching led me to ‘golpeado,’ which is Spanish for ‘pounded.’

SERRANO PEPPER GOLPEADO QUESADILLAS

Vegetable oil
4 10" flour tortillas
1 1/2 cups (6 ozs) shredded pepper Jack cheese
6 ozs Crab, canned & drained or fresh
4 oz. can diced mild Ortega green chilies
3 T. minced cilantro
3 green onions, chopped, including green part
Serrano Pepper Golpeado:
8 medium Serrano peppers
10 med. cloves garlic
3 T. cilantro
1/4 cup olive oil
Garnish: Sour Cream and Serrano Pepper Golpeado

Preheat oven to 425°F.
Arrange 2 tortillas on heavy large baking sheet, or work with one tortilla at a time; rub one side with oil and turn the tortillas over. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1/2 cup Jack cheese, crab, chilies, cilantro and green onions.

(recipe continues on next page)

Top each with another tortilla, pressing to adhere; rub the top tortilla with oil. Bake quesadillas until cheese melts & filling is heated, about 8 min. Remove from oven and sprinkle tops with the last 1/2 cup of Jack cheese.

Transfer quesadillas to plates; cut into wedges. Serve topped with the golpeado and sour cream

Serrano Pepper Golpeado:
Put all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and process just until the pesto is mixed together and finely chopped – you want a little texture.

CJ’s tip:
Here is an Italian version of my ‘Pesto’
Serrano Pepper Pesto:
8 medium Serrano peppers
11 med. cloves garlic
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup basil, not packed tightly
3 T. cilantro
5 T. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup olive oil

Serrano Pepper Pesto:
Put all the pesto ingredients in a food processor and process just until the pesto is mixed together and finely chopped – you want a little texture.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pesto vs. Golpeado by cjs ( [i]I soloved my pro...)
Cool! And now MY problem is solved. Since Saturday is more Spanish/Mexican in theme, I think I'll go with the Golpeado this time. (Even though I LOVE basil and pine nuts. I'll do that one another time.)

BTW, I've recently REALLY taken note of some of your sources. In many of them you list A Chef's Journey. I finally figured out this is YOUR book. Is this the one you are working on now or one you've already done? I know, I'm slow. Don't fall out of your chair laughing!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Pesto vs. Golpeado by Gourmet_Mom (Cool! And now MY pr...)
Quote:

BTW, I've recently REALLY taken note of some of your sources. In many of them you list A Chef's Journey. I finally figured out this is YOUR book. Is this the one you are working on now or one you've already done? I know, I'm slow. Don't fall out of your chair laughing!

Everytime Jean mentions "the book", I mean to ask what she is referring to! Then I get to reading the recipe and forget my original question. So glad you asked, Daphne!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Pesto vs. Golpeado by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
a Chef's Journey is the name of my business - while I was going to culinary school, I started personal cheffing and morphed into catering. I started adding the name to recipes so I'd know they were either mine or had been changed so much they were also mine.

Thinking what to title the next book, it finally hit me over the head, that this really was a journey home to all these dishes, so...the name of this book will be "a Chef's Journey...Home"

The first book is "Share a Recipe" that all the monies go to chef scholarships. But, this new one will be for profit - I was threatened I'd have to go on the streets if I kept giving the farm away, so to speak.....KIDDING!

thanks for asking - anytime I can work in an advertisement for Share a Recipe, I'm going to take full advantage...

The 'Home' book will be ready soon and then I'm going to have Laura walk me thru selling it on line....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pesto vs. Golpeado by cjs (a Chef's Journey is ...)
So that is the new book title. Funny, I just got to thinking about it, and it would make so much sense you would use that as a title. All the recipes, if I've got the gist of it, are recipes you've collected throughout your life from family to friends. A journey of sorts, that captures moments , snapshots, if you will, of your life and the foods you've shared with others. I LOVE IT! AWWW, makes me want to cry.

Theresa, the Share a Recipe cookbook is a great investment. Those who own it have used many recipes from the book. Sadly, I STILL have not ordered mine. I have so many of the recipes from the book through "that other place", that I keep putting it off. But I have not forgotten Jean.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.