Ravens Wood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel
  Re: (...)
Sharon, don't you live around Lodi? We had some of this wine with Bar-B-Q yesterday ( we picked up the meat at our "Blues Festival" and brought it home.) The meat wasn't the best but the wine made it better! Great Zin-robust, tannins (smooth), berries, cab like--reasonable. If you can find a tasting room go try it!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Ravens Wood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel by Old Bay (Sharon, don't you li...)
Ravenswood Zin is almost my house wine - we love it too! The winery is very close to Sharons - we've been there.

Erin likes it also - she served it with a mushroom dish, I think. CRS
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes,yes, yes! I've had this, and a few other Lodi wines and I love them, when I can get them, that is! I think I mentioned this before, when I first discovered Lodi wines.

Remember the Creedence Clearwater Revival song in the 70's? "Oh, Lord, stuck in Lodi again...."

Seems like a good place to be stuck in to me

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Ravens Wood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel by pjcooks (Yes,yes, yes! I've ...)
Quote:

Yes,yes, yes! I've had this, and a few other Lodi wines and I love them, when I can get them, that is! I think I mentioned this before, when I first discovered Lodi wines.

Remember the Creedence Clearwater Revival song in the 70's? "Oh, Lord, stuck in Lodi again...."

Seems like a good place to be stuck in to me

PJ

Me too! Or, "Rollin On The River".
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Ravens Wood Lodi Old Vine Zinfandel by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I buy Ravens Wood wines often... always good and reasonably priced. I like the connection to CCR...
Lodi is kown as the wine grape capital of the US. I think the best old vine Zins are produced in Lodi. Ravenswood is very good - one of our favorites.

As an aside - just doing a quick perusal in Streets and Trips I found over twenty citys/towns named Lodi not counting one in Italy and one it Turkey. I seem to recall an interview on a local radio station with John Fogarty. He said it wasn't Lodi, California - but I can't remember which Lodi they were referring to. CRS
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!