John Meyer
  Re: (...)
I noticed John Meyer is not the editor of the Soups and Stews book. Has he left Cuisine?
  Re: John Meyer by Chuck Burbank (I noticed John Meyer...)
He's still listed as editor in the August issue. Sometimes magazines employ a special editor to do their books.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: John Meyer by Old Bay (He's still listed as...)
He's also not the editor of the latest issue of Cuisine. Just curious. He seemed to be the heart and soul of cuisine magazine - a magazine I've loved for a long time - and now he's suddenly gone and was hoping to know what happened???????
  Re: Re: John Meyer by Chuck Burbank (He's also not the ed...)
Quote:

He's also not the editor of the latest issue of Cuisine. Just curious. He seemed to be the heart and soul of cuisine magazine - a magazine I've loved for a long time - and now he's suddenly gone and was hoping to know what happened???????

I don't have my new issue yet--let's ask Brian.
  Re: Re: John Meyer by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I just tried to send a message to Brian and it says not available- would someone help contact him or another moderator-Chuck really wants to know if he's still around. Thanks
  Re: Re: John Meyer by Old Bay (I just tried to send...)
I just responded to Old Bay, but I thought I'd respond here as well.

John is no longer the editor of Cuisine at home and no longer works at August Home Publishing. Joy Taylor is the new editor. Joy has 28 years of experience with Meredith Corporation (publisher of Better Homes and Gardens...among other publications). Most recently, she has served as Editor-in-Chief for all of Meredith's food SIB's (Special Interest Books).

I'll certainly miss John, but in the two months that Joy has been with us, we've found her to be a consummate professional and is definitely what you'd call a "foodie". Her passion for food and her energy in general is contagious and she's very fun to work with. I'm excited that she's here and look forward to her putting her stamp on Cuisine.

All I can say is give her a chance....you might be suprised.

Hope that helps.

Brian
  Re: Re: John Meyer by Brian (I just responded to ...)
So in a nut shell she moved across the metro to join August Home Publishing? Meredith Corporation is up the road in Ankeny now right?

Please be sure to welcome her aboard for all of us here on the forums. Are your offices downtown open to the public? If not do you ever hit Gateway Market? Rumor has it they have some good sandwiches at lunch time if you believe all you hear on 93.3 FM and read in other magazines. I will be in Des Moines daily the first week of September at Mercy Hospital and figured it would be nice to see where this great magazine originates?
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: John Meyer by Brian (I just responded to ...)
Thank you so much for responding. Thanks for being around!
  Re: Re: John Meyer by Old Bay (Thank you so much fo...)
I just sent Brian a PM and asked if maybe Joy would like to post a "blurb", telling us a little about herself. Hope she does.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: John Meyer by bjcotton (I just sent Brian a ...)
Quote:

I just sent Brian a PM and asked if maybe Joy would like to post a "blurb", telling us a little about herself. Hope she does.

Joy, it would be worth a blurb. Welcome!! This is the closest, happiest, intellegent, non political, foodie, humble, teachable, sharing,and honest forum I've ever been a part of. Why don't you join us?? You might even have some fun.