Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes
  Re: (...)
I found this one on a slip of paper in my Mother's husband's notebook dated August 27, 1975 (I was barely a year old when this recipe was passed on to my step-father)...made it tonight and we LOVED it.

Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes

6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper (I used sea salt)
3 Tbsp Butter
8 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/4 lb. Mushrooms, sliced (I used simple large white mushrooms)
14 oz. Artichoke Hearts, drained and quartered (I used the same marinated ones I use in my Greek Pasta recipe)
2 Tbsp Dry Marsala
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice

1: Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large frying pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add half the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a warm serving platter.

2: In the same frying pan, add olive oil and remaining garlic; cook 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add artichokes and cook 1 minute, until heated through. Add Marsala and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Stir continuously until mixture thickens, about 5 minutes. Pour over chicken. Serve with rice or pasta.

...as a side note the recipe is hand written and addressed to my Mother's husband on the Coronado Resort and Hotel (don't know what the place is called now a days) and signed by the "Head Chef." I can't make out the signature but am trying to find out who the Head Chef was there in 1975...

This is VERY simple and incredibly good. I served ours with a garlic and butter pasta with a light dusting of crushed dehydrated red peppers for some flavour and colour.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes by firechef (I found this one on ...)
Copied and saved....We LOVE garlic.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes by Gourmet_Mom (Copied and saved.......)
sounds like a dish to try!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes by cjs (sounds like a dish t...)
Oh, yeah, this sounds like a winner. It is as though someone took all my favorites and put them together for a recipe. It will definitely make the menu this week. How kind of you to share such a treasure!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes by chef_Tab (Oh, yeah, this sound...)
Thanks, Bro! Since you shared--I guess that means I better get around to posting that Glen Breton whiskey, lemon, and ginger cake soon!!! I'll dig through my commercial recipes later this week and if I can find to so I can post it.

In-laws are here and I was trying to think of something quick and easy to make for supper since we'll be gone so much of the time getting things organized for the bakery and of course with VBS at the church this week. This sounds perfect! Thanks!!!!
  Re: Re: Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes by Chefelle (Thanks, Bro! Since ...)
At the end of the month, I have company coming for about 2 weeks. This recipe is definately on my dinner list. It's easy and it looks fancy.

Thank you!
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes by Corinne (At the end of the mo...)
Oooh, this sounds good. And I love the Hotel Del! Such a beautiful stretch of beach.
  Re: Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes by firechef (I found this one on ...)
Looks absolutely delicious!!! And quick!!--Duly copied.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes by Old Bay (Looks absolutely del...)
Sounds wonderful... Saved to MC.
  Re: Re: Mushroom-Garlic Chicken with Artichokes by HomeCulinarian (Sounds wonderful... ...)
YUM, this is a keeper! I did this for our Anniversary dinner tonight and we LOVED it. William gave it a 9+ and wants it on the regular rotation. We did not do the artichoke hearts...not available...but other than that stayed true to the recipe. This was GREAT LJ, thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.