Sunday Dinner??
  Re: (...)
I'm doing some smoked ribs (thanks for the pointers, Maryann!!), and an Orzo dish I picked up somewhere and grilled corn. Yesterday I made my Every-5-year-apricot pie and had with Chocolate ice cream - my lifelong favorite dessert. so leftovers of that also. (God, pie gives me horrendous heartburn, but I've got to have it once in a while!)

What's everyone else up to?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner?? by cjs (I'm doing some smoke...)
Grilled flank steak, steamed asparagus with butter and lemon, and fresh tomatoes. We'll probably have a cab with it.

For brunch we are having roasted red pepper soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner?? by Old Bay (Grilled flank steak,...)
Lunch today is Baked Ham, Potato Salad, Fiesta Bean Salad, and Wasabi Deviled Eggs...all waiting patiently in the fridge. I'll bake Sharon's Custard Rolls this afternoon to have with the ham and fresh mozzerella for dinner. If I'm feeling fiesty, I'll try out those Blueberry-Peach Fried Pies.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner?? by Gourmet_Mom (Lunch today is Baked...)
Might run over to one of the small town markets 6 miles in either direction from home (town in each direction of about 300 people each compared to our now 163 people) and grab something as the freezer looks pretty bare...don't know what but will get something.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner?? by firechef (Might run over to on...)
We area going to a baseball game (Angels/Yankees) and whatever my friend's husband has ordered through catering we will have. My favorites at the stadium: sliders, seared ahi lettuce rolls, thai spring rolls, criss cross fries with bleu cheese and the dessert cart that comes around during the 5th inning.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner?? by Trixxee (We area going to a b...)
I want to go visit Trixee (other than the blue cheese)!!!! Back to simple basics here, another ugly skanky day. I have a small beef roast, I'll stick potatoes, onions, and carrots in with it. Cauliflower with cheese sauce. Have to so something with the spinach, as it loves this weather and is doing great.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner?? by Lorraine (I want to go visit T...)
I'm doing the same as Jean, ribs in the smoker. We basted them a few times with Bock Barbecue Sauce from this month's [Email]C@H.[/Email] Very tasty sauce, but rather thin. Great for mopping, so-so for finishing. Ron likes Sweet Baby Ray's for the final glaze and this is not as thick.

We also have baked potatoes, fresh green beans, and sliced garden tomatoes with salt, pepper and Miracle Whip! Oh, and watermelon for dessert.

Edited to add: I spoke too soon. The Bock BBQ Sauce is outstanding for finishing the ribs. Once we put them on the grill and brushed with more sauce, it thickened up nicely. Some of the best ribs we have ever had.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner?? by Mare749 (I'm doing the same a...)
I'm making Crusted Tuna steaks with Soy Ginger dipping sauce, vinegar rice from the Grilling Tonight book. I also made a Thai Cuke salad from another book to go with it; cukes are from the garden.

Edited to add: This was delicious! Definitely on the make it again list!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Thai Cucumber Salad

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:10
Categories : Salad

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
4 cucumbers -- peeled, seeded, diced
6 scallions -- chopped
1/4 cup peanuts
1 cup fresh parsley -- packed
1/2 cup fresh cilantro -- packed
1 jalapeno -- seeded
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 clove garlic -- minced
1 teaspoon sugar
salt and pepper

In a large bowl, combine the cucumbers, scallions, and peanuts. Toss to mix.

In a food processor or blender, combine the parsley, cilantro, and jalapeno pepper. Process until finely chopped. Add to the cucumber mixture and toss to mix.

In a cup, combine the vinegar, oil, curry powder, sugar and garlic. Season with the salt and black pepper. Whisk to combine. Pour over the cucumber mixture and toss to mix.

Source:
"Low Fat Living Cookbook"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 72 Calories; 4g Fat (48.1% calories
from fat); 3g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol;
11mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2
Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
  Re: Sunday Dinner?? by cjs (I'm doing some smoke...)
We got all wound up watching the Olympics Friday - so tonight is the chimichuri stuffed flank steak (and chicken breast), the butternut squash & leek gratins, a salad, and "Lord willin'" Jalapeno Apple Pie and Basil Ice cream for dessert.

Jean that apricot pie with chocolate ice cream sounds to die for!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner?? by Harborwitch (We got all wound up ...)
Well tonight is my daughters going away party. So we are bbq'ing for 35 hamburgers, hot dogs, and have fresh fruit, pasta salad, chocolate cookies, chips and dip and well..just all the fun bbq's should have.

Well with the exception of 30 some odd teenagers all swimming and eating, listening to loud music, telling bad jokes...crud..yes I am going to enjoy that too