Pizza Sauce Surprise!
  Re: (...)
I got carried away doing something yesterday and forgot I had no marinara sauce in freezer and I wanted Margherita pizza for dinner...on a F&W newsletter I had picked up a sauce that I thot would never work, but, surprise, surprise - I made it and it was fine. Not as good as marinara, but in a pinch it's great!

Mix 1/2 tsp. dried oregano and 1 T. olive oil into a 14 1/2 oz. can of drained, diced tomatoes (San Marzano or Muir Glen, hopefully). Put thru a food mill, or use a stick blender.

That's it. Very good in an emergency.

and the pizza was so tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pizza Sauce Surprise! by cjs (I got carried away d...)
I have wondered if some REALLY good tomatoes with some spaghetti seasoning, wouldn't work before. Guess so!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Pizza Sauce Surprise! by cjs (I got carried away d...)
Jean, my no cook pizza sauce is very similer--I use San Marzano, minced garlic, and because I have it, chopped fresh oregano and basil. It is wonderful!! Leftovers ?--heat it up, add some cooked hot Italian sausage and serve over pasta.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Pizza Sauce Surprise! by Old Bay (Jean, my no cook piz...)
I was sure surprised!! and I do have some leftover....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Sauce Surprise! by cjs (I was sure surprised...)
Man, I forgot about this sauce...bless the anon's heart that was looking at it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Sauce Surprise! by cjs (Man, I forgot about ...)
We are making pizza this Sat for my staff--we will use this sauce and try some new pizza doughs!!
  Re: Re: Pizza Sauce Surprise! by Old Bay (We are making pizza ...)
Oh Bill, do you have the recipe for the Rye flour pizza dough??? It's so tasty and so unexpected. (with saurkraut and hot sausage and 0nion topping.)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Sauce Surprise! by cjs (Oh Bill, do you have...)
Quote:

Oh Bill, do you have the recipe for the Rye flour pizza dough??? It's so tasty and so unexpected. (with saurkraut and hot sausage and 0nion topping.)

Yes we do and it looks good. Jane is making two batches of the sourdough for this party, and three batches of our regular. We are doing a family reunion 8/8 and we will try the rye flour then!!