Allow me to brag!
  Re: (...)
I know that this is off topic and that I am a relative newcomer to this forum, but you all have become my extended cyber family and I know you are all food oriented, so I figured you would share in our family's accomplishment and allow me a moment to brag.

Friday morning we will have the pleasure of watching Chelsea officially receive her graduation toque from the CIA. I can't believe how the time has gone, seems like only yesterday her Dad and I were shaking our heads and asking her if she really understood what she was getting into! But much to our surprise she dug in and thrived up there. She will be one of five out of a class of 90+ who will actually graduate on time. Go figure!

I can't wait! She is finishing her rotation in the Escoffier Room and after service Thursday night, they will be sampling champagnes and learning to saber a bottle. She has gotten permission for me to be a little mouse and watch.

Then she finagled reservations for us to the "E Room" for Friday night. Since it will be the new class starting on Friday, they will not be ready to prepare all of the menu items that they would normally do table-side, but it will still be an incredible experience, and she will be able to talk us through it.

So, I am packing the tissues and the waterproof mascara!
  Re: Allow me to brag! by iBcookin (I know that this is ...)
How wonderful! I can just imagine how proud you must be! Congratulations to both of you!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Allow me to brag! by Harborwitch (How wonderful! I ca...)
WOW! How exciting! Seems like I remember from the other forum when you were teary-eyed and taking her to school. Congratulations!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Allow me to brag! by Harborwitch (How wonderful! I ca...)
Oh my, that was one of the proudest nights of my life!!!! I have my goosebumps again for her. congratulations and I'm really looking forward to hearing what and where she is doing her craft.

Throwing my toque in the air for her!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Allow me to brag! by cjs (Oh my, that was one ...)
I have always wanted to take a 3-5 day course at the CIA. Do they offer such a thing? I guess I could go on line.

Congratulations!! Major accomplishment!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Allow me to brag! by Old Bay (I have always wanted...)
Isn't that the most exciting thing? We went through school with Denise and it was exciting to hear what she did every day. Tell Chelsea we're all cheering for her and hope to see her here with us one of these days. One of 5 out of 90 huh? That's quite an accomplishment. Brag anytime!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Allow me to brag! by bjcotton (Isn't that the most ...)
Of course you can brag! And we will all cheer for Chelsea on Friday as she receives her honors.

How wonderful for you all!
  Re: Re: Allow me to brag! by HomeCulinarian (Of course you can br...)
WTG Chelsea!!! I can totally understand everything she's gone thru since I still seems to fresh in my mind. What a wonderful accomplishment.

Now if she' going to go into the restaurant business have her read Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. Time to put on the tough skin and show those boys what's what
  Re: Re: Allow me to brag! by DFen911 (WTG Chelsea!!! I can...)
Yes, Bill - at least the CIA in Napa has very short courses folks can take. Go for it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Allow me to brag! by DFen911 (WTG Chelsea!!! I can...)
Quote:

Now if she' going to go into the restaurant business have her read Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. Time to put on the tough skin and show those boys what's what

I may have the wrong mom, but I think she already did...either before Chelsea went to school or when she first got there....LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.