MMmM Duck
  Re: (...)
Ok I am in heaven. I found a site to order duck thru, but wanted to check with you all first. I can order duck thru my local grocery store but it's frozen.

I found this site http://www.secure-kew.com/grimaud/main.mv for Grimaud's but wasn't sure how their pricing was.

The duck cravings are starting and you know one should never say no to the cravings...pan seared duck, duck confit, roasted duck... *smacks her lips*
  Re: MMmM Duck by DFen911 (Ok I am in heaven. I...)
David Rosengarten raved about this place. They aren't far from us - and we can buy fresh at a local high end grocery store. We haven't tried it yet - but maybe as a splurge for my birthday - have to bug Bob. Thank you for reminding me.

I do think they are a bit pricey - but what the hey! Must go to Podesto's and get me some duck!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: MMmM Duck by Harborwitch (David Rosengarten ra...)
Something must be in the air. We were craving Peking Duck and went out on Saturday night.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: MMmM Duck by Corinne (Something must be in...)
I have a duck in the freezer - maybe I'll thaw that for dinner. It's not from Grimaud's but any duck at this point will do.
  Re: MMmM Duck by DFen911 (Ok I am in heaven. I...)
I've heard good things about them, but have not purchased from them. The duck I buy is usually frozen. A whole one will run me about $20.00, a single duck breast about $8.00. I usually buy the whole ones and either cook as is, or break them down. Good luck!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: MMmM Duck by Lorraine (I've heard good thin...)
Okay. All I had to do was see the SUBJECT line of this thread, and I broke all of the Seven Deadly Sins:

1. I was lusting after this delectable treat.
  2. My every thought was on the unbridled gluttony in which I would indulge were I to get one.
  3. My avarice could not be assuaged by the mere reading of the thread - only increased.
  4. Alas, I am too slothful to look for a way to obtain this delicacy here.
  5. My wrath continued to grow over this lack and my reactions to it.
  6. I was consumed with envy toward those who can get this so easily.
  7. Finally, my pride intervened, as I considered how much I am able to make with chicken when duck is unavailable.

Seriously, I really do enjoy duck that much, and wish it would be available other than just the ONE time they sold some frozen ducks here.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: MMmM Duck by labradors (Okay. All I had to ...)
Remind me to post my duck burrito recipe sometime.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: MMmM Duck by firechef (Remind me to post my...)
I'm glad to hear that you all have heard of them too. I think when I get back from taking Laura to school I'm going to treat myself to a duck dinner

Oh btw LJ....reminder! Get that recipe posted please
  Re: Re: MMmM Duck by firechef (Remind me to post my...)
So we have to beg, whine, grovel????

Beg, whine, grovel, snivel, etc. A duck burrito could rock my world!
  Re: Re: MMmM Duck by Harborwitch (So we have to beg, w...)
The one I use and the one I want to try are in their own little thread...

Quit your begging...it makes you look cheap like me!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)