Fun thing to do with patties.
  Re: (...)
Ok so I gotta share what I did with leftovers

As you know I had a big bbq for our daughter. Well I had 8 turkey burgers left over. I really don't like them as burgers on the grill but it's all she'll eat.

So I took some onion, mushrooms, garlic and fresh herbs and chopped them all up and sauted them till soft. I sliced thin strips of monterey jack cheese 3" long. I took a patty and put it on foil and flatten it out a bit. I took 2 tsp of the mushroom mixture and 1 strip of chese and then rolled the meat like a burrito.

These were placed on a cookie sheet. Over them I make a mixture of diced tomatoes, basil and other herbs and poured it over the rolls and baked at 350 for about 25 min.

Lol these little things were so good Fun way to use up preformed patties.
  Re: Fun thing to do with patties. by DFen911 (Ok so I gotta share ...)
Sounds good to me. Don't do much with turkey burgers myself but you never can tell when I'll smoke one of the three I have in the freezer and put it through the meat grinder...

I'll keep this in mind as I think the flavours of a smoked turkey would make a better burger.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Fun thing to do with patties. by firechef (Sounds good to me. ...)
Speaking of smokers...anyone use one of those things called The big green egg? It's a big smoker.
  Re: Re: Fun thing to do with patties. by DFen911 (Speaking of smokers....)
No, mine is a homemade job using two 55 gallon drums stacked on top of each other. I am looking into building a unit on a trailer using four 55 gallon drums for tail-gating and maybe even some contests around the mid-west. The 4 barrel unit would allow me to smoke with two different woods at once.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Fun thing to do with patties. by firechef (No, mine is a homema...)
Firechef, would you mind posting your design for the homemade, two-drum one? Thanks.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Fun thing to do with patties. by labradors (Firechef, would you ...)
It's not my design but I'll get the specifications and post it today if possible.