Citrus Bricked Chicken and Fennel Salad Review
  Re: (...)
Made this last night from the Grilling Tonight book. Another winner! The chicken basting sauce calls for OJ concentrate and I found a Langer's brand that comes in a resealable container so I can have it on hand when I need it again. I would suggest just a couple of modifications... lower the grill temp for cooking - after the first turn, I had burnt skin, then I lowered the temp. Next time, I would brine the chicken thighs so they would be a bit more moist. It seems bricking them to cook faster made them a bit dry.

We really liked the fennel salad, too. It is very easy and a good complement to the chicken. It would also go well with grilled fish. I had made cold cucumber spinach soup and had that for the appetizer. We rated this dinner "excellent" and will definitely make it again.
  Re: Citrus Bricked Chicken and Fennel Salad Review by HomeCulinarian (Made this last night...)
I love the Langer's concentrate. Makes using concentrate every so often much more economical. I used to wind up throwing out a good portion of the can.

Thanks for the review - sounds good. I hope the chicken/fennel/orange recipe I'm making tonight comes out as great as this sounds.
  Re: Re: Citrus Bricked Chicken and Fennel Salad Review by Trixxee (I love the Langer's ...)
Say HC, if you get a minute I'd like to see the soup recipe.
I need something to boost me out of the lousy weather blues. Maybe that'd do it.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Citrus Bricked Chicken and Fennel Salad Review by farnfam (Say HC, if you get a...)
Cold Cucumber Spinach Soup
For 5-6 servings...

1.5 T butter
1 bunch scallions, chopped
2 cups chicken broth
2 cukes, peeled, seeded & chopped
1 potato, peeled and sliced thin
10 oz fresh spinach, blanched and drained
3/4 cup half & half
salt & pepper to taste

Saute scallions in butter until soft. Add cukes, potato, and broth, bring to boil, then simmer 10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Add spinach, and half and half, puree in blender or food processor until smooth. Add S&P to taste. Chill. Serve with garnish of chives and cucumber slice.

This is from the Soupcon II book - recipe halved and slightly modified.
  Re: Re: Citrus Bricked Chicken and Fennel Salad Review by HomeCulinarian (Cold Cucumber Spinac...)
You know, I don't think I've ever tried a chilled soup recipe before. This looks pretty good. And the cukes are still coming off the vines pretty good. Thanks!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Citrus Bricked Chicken and Fennel Salad Review by Gourmet_Mom (You know, I don't th...)
Thanks HC, that looks very good. Can't wait to try it. Maybe with some Blitz Bread?
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life