Guess What I bought Myself?
  Re: (...)
On the way to Portland Monday when I realized I was actually listening to "Oldie Goldies" on the radio and dancing, shucking, and jiving in the driver's seat of the car I decided I deserved to give myself a present. I stopped at the outlet stores and went into the "Kitchen" store. They had two RONCO Showtime Rotisserie & BBQs on display. I asked the clerk if they'd had any feedback on them from customers. He said they hadn't, but they couldn't keep them in stock. They had a price stand on the top that said $99.97, so I said if they'd carry it out to the car I'd take one...easy sale. When the clerk rang it up it rang at $129.99, the other clerk told him he had to let me have it for the $99.97 price because of the sign on it when I said, "I'll take it!" This model comes with ALL the accessories available for the machine. My lil' sis said a friend of hers liked her RONCO so well she bought herself a second one, just in case. Now all I have to do is find places to store the accessories
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Guess What I bought Myself? by bjcotton (On the way to Portla...)
My ex-hubby bought one a few years ago, and the kids love it, they use it all the time. Good deal, Billy!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Guess What I bought Myself? by bjcotton (On the way to Portla...)
I have one too, and we really like it, especially in the winter when it's just too cold to grill outside. The meat looks so yummy turning on the spit that my oldest grandbaby, Katie, loves to stand in front of it and watch it turn. We put all kinds of stuff in it and it all turns out great. I didn't get the accessories because I bought mine off Ebay, but sure would like to have that big injector that you can put garlic in!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Guess What I bought Myself? by Mare749 (I have one too, and ...)
What is this thing? Do I need one?
  Re: Re: Guess What I bought Myself? by HomeCulinarian (What is this thing? ...)
That product is one of 2 that in all the infomercials I have seen that I have considered buying.

Mare is it easy to clean? How does the chicken really taste?
  Re: Re: Guess What I bought Myself? by DFen911 (That product is one ...)
I've never talked to anyone who had used one. I'd be interested in your experience as well, Maryann. There's got to be a catch somewhere. Like Denise, it's one of the few infomrecials I've considered.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Guess What I bought Myself? by Gourmet_Mom (I've never talked to...)
Mare you need to do an At Home Test for it. Video it with a digital camera and upload it to YouTube for us all to see
  Re: Re: Guess What I bought Myself? by DFen911 (Mare you need to do ...)
RONCO??? Is that that "Chef Tony" guy's product? His stuff cracks me up. No, RONCO is Ronson's stuff. The guy in the dress shirt with the apron...okay now I know.

Never had one, never tried one and can honestly say there is a better than 99% chance I never will between now and when others start cooking for me.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Guess What I bought Myself? by firechef (RONCO??? Is that th...)
Oh LJ, you're such a party pooper I've now talked to several of my friends and they all love theirs. Sometime this week--end I'll roast a chicken in it with Spicy Peach and Herb Marinade...recipe's in the book.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Guess What I bought Myself? by firechef (RONCO??? Is that th...)
Quote:

RONCO??? Is that that "Chef Tony" guy's product? His stuff cracks me up.

The next thing you know, Billy will be saying he's using it to cook the fish he caught with his Ronco/Popeil Pocket Fisherman.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?