Need advice on my freezer
  Re: (...)
Last night the freezer door was left ajar all night. I have a side by side with ice and water in the door. I woke up to a small pond in the kitchen. I dumped all the ice from the ice keeper as it was just one big lump. Everything inside the freezer now has icy "peach fuzz" on it as well as the sides and top of the interior of the freezer itself. It reminds me of when my mom would need to defrost the freezer. Do I need to defrost, or will this take care of itself in time? I really did not need this today!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Need advice on my freezer by chef_Tab (Last night the freez...)
For some reason, I had a puddle develop at the bottom of my side by side that turned into a HUGE block of ice. I finally took everything out and gently broke up the ice. But this was a large block. In your case, it very likely will take care of itself.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Need advice on my freezer by chef_Tab (Last night the freez...)
My vote is you'll have to defrost - sounds like you didn't have any thawing of food tho, that's good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Need advice on my freezer by cjs (My vote is you'll ha...)
Thanks gals! I have one of those busy days ahead of me. My daughter is coming in with friends from college so I need to clean, grocery shop, and cook lots of food. I was wondering how I would get it all done before the freezer fiasco. I have to admit, I thought of poor Daphne and those "Lucy episode" days she had recently. This is when I wish I had magical powers. Maybe if I just go to bed, it will all turn out to be a bad dream?!
Theresa

Re: Re: Need advice on my freezer by chef_Tab (Thanks gals! I have ...)
How fun! Are they staying all weekend? I sure hope this is just a one time thing. I'm sure the weekend will go great! It seems my curse has passed...thankfully! (Now watch. Now that I've said that, those fried pies are going to turn into a nightmare.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Need advice on my freezer by Gourmet_Mom (How fun! Are they s...)
Yes, they will be here till Sunday night. I know we will have fun, I just hate the preparations. I know I am an person to even bother cleaning. I am sure those pies will be awesome. Go knock on wood just to be safe! I am throwing salt over my shoulder as we speak! haha
Theresa

Re: Re: Need advice on my freezer by chef_Tab (Yes, they will be he...)
If given lemons, make lemonade or White Pepper, Ginger and Lemon Cake. Completely defrost and clean it. That's what I did when my BIL left the freezer door open. It's one of those things you mean to "get around" to one of these days.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Need advice on my freezer by bjcotton (If given lemons, mak...)
If you didn't have a house full this weekend, I'd recommend cleaning out the freezer and using what's still good. Since you have other plans ... Murphy's Law at work here... I'd just deal with it later.
  Re: Re: Need advice on my freezer by HomeCulinarian (If you didn't have a...)
I think I need to deal with it LATER, just for sanity's sake. If I am lucky, the problem will be gone. For now I am cleaning bathrooms. Please dont be jealous! haha.
Theresa

Re: Re: Need advice on my freezer by chef_Tab (I think I need to de...)
Tab we went thru the same thing. I have a full upright freezer and the door got left ajar due to a bag blocking it.

All the foods were thawed but still cold so I knew they were safe to cook.

So all weekend I cooked up all the meats that were in there and then packaged them in foodsaver bags. Lol I didn't have to cook for 2 weeks.