A lovely present
  Re: (...)
My friend's daugter is becoming a Pampered Chef consultant, so there's been quite a few parties going on. When I got there I noticed the hostess (consultant's mom) had a hardcover copy of "At Home with Michael Chiarello" out on the counter. I asked her how she liked it and she said "Actuallly I was saving it for you, I think you'll get more use out of it" and with that she handed it to me!!!
It's chock full of wonderful looking Italian recipes.
Theres Piadina with Blue Cheese and Apple Salad which looks amazing. Another called Chocolate Panini and I gotta try Roasted Eggplant and Tomato Stacks. Yum, now I think I'm going to get out of my lousy weather funk.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: A lovely present by farnfam (My friend's daugter ...)
How fun and how nice! Chocolate Panini huh? Don't think I'm quite ready for that yet....but I'm ready for you to be ready to try it and REPORT! Since you're the Empress, maybe you can just have your kitchen help do it
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: A lovely present by farnfam (My friend's daugter ...)
It's funny how predictable we all are. A new book or cool kitchen gadget and we're happy little campers! I hope you've had at least a few outings on the boat. More than me, I bet...all of ours are beached!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A lovely present by bjcotton (How fun and how nice...)
What a nice surprise! I enjoy Michael's show.
Cory

I am not the model.
  Re: Re: A lovely present by Corinne (What a nice surprise...)
Teehee Billyj, I AM the kitchen help!
And, yeah Daph, we've had a few outings so I guess I shouldn't complain. Gosh tho' the fish haven't been biting much at all. Fall comes so early here, it's best to have a sizzleing summer first to help accept it. But all's well now, I'll just cook
I'll be sure to share recipes as I try them. His cooking and wine notes with each recipe are very nice, helpful too.
AND, he's adorable!
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: A lovely present by farnfam (Teehee Billyj, I AM ...)
"AND, he's adorable!" Bet not as adorable as the guy my sis and I saw at the store yesterday. I had to threaten to take her to the bib aisle before she'd take her eyes off him
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: A lovely present by bjcotton ("AND, he's adorable!...)
Oh that's the book I want and I'm hoping to get it for my bday from my sister.

Does it also offering info on entertaining? I just love all his recipes.
  Re: Re: A lovely present by DFen911 (Oh that's the book I...)
Yes, Denise, it's all about entertaining! It's even got little "to do" schedules for before the party, presentation suggestions, I think I can learn alot.
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: A lovely present by farnfam (Yes, Denise, it's al...)
He's one of my favorites also! He once did a polenta party with all kinds of toppings for guests to add - and the polenta was poured out onto the middle of the table. It looked like so much fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A lovely present by cjs (He's one of my favor...)
Hmmm... a Personalised Polenta Party...

Move it down South, and maybe you could call it a "Grits Grabber."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?