Salamander
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have one of these for home? Lol here I am complaining about a toaster oven taking up counter space but considering one of these.

I saw one offered by Blue Star. Would like to know if anyone has one and their thoughts on them.
  Re: Salamander by DFen911 (Does anyone have one...)
Only that I would love to have one some day. I think either Laura's or Jean's renovations included one. I may be both. I see it being more versitle than a toaster oven....hehehehe! Does that justify giving up the counter space...LOL!?!?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Salamander by Gourmet_Mom (Only that I would lo...)
I totally agree Daphne Here is the one I was looking at.

Salamander
Denise, I'd give up my first born (if I had one) for a salamander. Skip the toaster oven.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Salamander by Lorraine (Denise, I'd give up ...)
No salamanders here - only geckos and iguanas.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Quote:

Does anyone have one of these for home? Lol here I am complaining about a toaster oven taking up counter space but considering one of these.

I saw one offered by Blue Star. Would like to know if anyone has one and their thoughts on them.

I wanted one in our new house, but the insulation would take more room than we could afford to give up--these things are hot!! Be sure you can handle it --how long it takes to heat and cool down--what does it sit on, how heavy is it, how much storage space does it take? I would love to know those answers. There wasn't a countertop available at that time.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Salamander by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I've only worked with the commercial ones but would trade Lorraine's first born (if she had one) for one as well.

Sorry Lorraine I am not giving up my Kambree for ANYTHING!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Salamander by firechef (I've only worked wit...)
To be honest, though, I'd take Bill's outdoor oven over the salamdar...but I'd LOVE to have both!

Lorraine, if you were to have a first born, I'd plan on winning the lottery instead of getting a salamander....
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Salamander by Gourmet_Mom (To be honest, though...)
OH piddle!!! I'm in trouble now!!! Just printed all the poop on this and I WILL HAVE IT! darn Denise, you'd better hope you and Roy Rogers never meet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Salamander by labradors (No salamanders here ...)
Quote:

No salamanders here - only geckos and iguanas.

Lol, these are the only ones that I have ever heard of.
Cory

I am not the model.