So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight
  Re: (...)
This song has been playing in my head for days now. Seems appropriate that I "play" it out here for you guys. Today is my last "day" on, so you guys better keep up some good dialogue over the next days and months so I'll have lots to read when I get home in the afternoon!

There's a sad sort of clanging
From the clock in the hall (Well, the calendar is clanging in my head.)
And the bells in the steeple, too (that would be the school bells)
And up in the nursery (classroom)
An absurd little bird
Is popping out to say coo-coo (That bird is me going coo-coo)
(Coo-coo, coo-coo)

coo-coo Regretfully they tell us
coo-coo But firmly they compel us
to say goodnight (good day)
coo-coo
To you

So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight (good day)
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight (site)

So long, farewell
Auf Wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu
To you and you and you

So long, farewell
Au revoir, Auf Weidersehen
I'd like to stay
And taste my first (well, maybe my last, at least during the week) champagne
yes?
no!

So long, farewell
Auf Weidersehen, goodbye (good day)
I leave and heave
A sigh and say goodbye (good day)
Goodbye (good day)

I'm glad (SAD) to go
I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float
I fleetly flee, I fly (Now that's an apt description...LOL!)

The sun (summer) has gone
To bed and so must I (That'd be so school begins, and so must I)

So long, farewell
Auf Weidersehen, goodbye

Goodbye
Goodbye
Goodbye

I'll see you guys in the evening, but I'll miss my daytime fix!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight by Gourmet_Mom (This song has been p...)
Daphne, please retire already! It just wont be the same without you.

Sadly, I wont be on as much either as I will be subbing in the schools. Typically, I get called every day. I wish for you the best class yet! And Labor Day is not that far away! woohoo!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight by chef_Tab (Daphne, please retir...)
Yea, our substitutes are regulars. After the first few weeks, I see some of them more often than some of the hired teachers...LOL! Especially, the teachers on the 7th and 8th grade hall. Oh well, I'll still be on in the afternoons and evenings. I just hope I'll be able to keep up with the recipes and reviews I want to do. I hate falling into a slump and doing the same old same old every night. Plus, I LOVE the looks I get at school when I take out my lunch...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight by Gourmet_Mom (Yea, our substitutes...)
I'm semi retired and thats why I get to play when I want to!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight by Gourmet_Mom (This song has been p...)
school days-school daze - will miss you popping in during the day - ~ ~ enjoy your first day!!!
  Re: Re: So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight by (school days-school d...)
OMG this thread is so freaky to me! Hahaha I was booting up my computer to come post that I am leaving tomorrow to take Laura to college and the song you posted was going thru my head! I log on to the boards and BAM the first post is about that song Hahahaha.

I will be on sometime on the 24th, very tired, sad and proud.
  Re: Re: So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight by DFen911 (OMG this thread is s...)
Weird! Have fun, try not to cry too much. And give her a BIG smile when you leave. Are you staying in town with her that long, or is this your trip north? No, wait, that's in September, isn't it?
Daphne
  Re: Re: So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight by Gourmet_Mom (Weird! Have fun, tr...)
We leave tomorrow morning at 4:30am. She moves into her room the next day (Wed) on Thurs is an orientation for family and on Friday is her orientation. We come home on Sat. Then in Sept we're going up stopping one night and working our way up and into Oregon.

Where hopefully if all goes well I can hook up and meet Billy and Jean if we get up north far enough
I still have a couple of weeks, but have noticed our activities are already increasing and I am not on as much. School subjects are increasing, so I know I will not be posting as much - lurking for sure and posting as I can. Summer is almost over. Sad that this weekend was sunny and hot and today is raining and cool.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: So long, farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, goodnight by DFen911 (We leave tomorrow mo...)
Safe trip!!

Don't work too hard all you young'uns having to go back to work...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com