Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper?
  Re: (...)
Spicy Peach Marinated Chicken, Honey & Pearl Corn-on-the-cob, and tossed green salad. I'm not particularly fond of peaches, but I must say this is very tasty. I let it sit in the marinade overnight.

What are you having? Here's the recipes for the Chicken:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Spiced Peach Marinade & Rub

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Condiments-Sweet/Savory Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 can sweet sliced peaches -- drained and reserve liquid
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cloves
1 tablespoon basil
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Blend or mash peaches with all other ingredients. (Reserve peach juice for sauce--see Peach Sauce recipe.) Marinade and/or rub on inside and outside of chicken vegetables, or pork.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Peach Sauce (use with Spiced Peach Marinade)

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Condiments-Sweet/Savory Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
reserved juice from Spiced Peach Marinade & Rub
3 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon mace
1/2 teaspoon cloves
salt

Simmer ingredients in small saucepan until slightly thick. Serve warm with marinaded chicken, vegetables, or pork.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by bjcotton (Spicy Peach Marinate...)
Thanks Billy, that sounds like a tasty recipe! Did you use your rotisserie? Do you absolutely love it???

Dinner tonight was grilled teriyaki salmon, wonderful local corn (also grilled) a romaine salad, and butter-pecan ice cream at Honey Hut for dessert!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tonight is salmon patties (from the leftover wild coho), a big salad and some little corn fritters from the Schwans truck. (Still resting up after the big weekend!)

We'll have some Sauvignon Blanc with dinner, and today is Martini Monday so that's what's before dinner.

Billy I can't wait to try the chicken - we'll more than likely stick it on a beer can though.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Forgot all about that one, I wanted to try it when you first mentioned it, then forgot about it, and I baked chicken tonight (out of propane).

This entire summer, I've been a day late and a dollar short....

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by pjcooks (Forgot all about tha...)
Great sounding recipe Billy! Thanks for sharing this one...even Holly says it sounds good. Will try this one on chicken and maybe as a rub/marinade for a smoked pork loin even.

Thanks again!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by firechef (Great sounding recip...)
Sounds good Billy. I was too depressed to come up with a menu, so I finally got that Chinese. OH WELL! I'll take my magazines with me tomorrow and come up with something wonderful tomorrow night to lift my spirits.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds good Billy. I...)
Oh yeah, we went out with Holly's Mom to a local restaurant and ate really good burgers (1/2 pounders) on sourdough with thousand island, bacon and swiss cheese and real good fried potatoes...yummy stuff and even more so since Holly's Mom bought. Tomorrow night we are bbqing at my Mother's house...not to be confused with going to Mom's in North Carolina...I wish!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by firechef (Oh yeah, we went out...)
I felt like Mother Earth last night and it was fun! A sausage pizza - homemade everything except the cheese.

I made this Spicy Hot Italian Sausage from Bruce Aidells and it is wonderful. I just used a 4 1/4 lb. pork butt (after bone was removed) and left the fat that was on it as the fat. worked fine.

3 lbs. pork butt
3/4 lb. pork fat
1 T. mined garlic
4 tsp. kosher salt
2 T. fennel seed
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 T. dried red pepper flakes
2 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
1/4 c. water, cold
hog casings, medium (I can't find the casings in the darn freezer, so just made bulk this time - so didn't add the water)

Combine pork,, fat and all other ingredients except water & casings in a large bowl. Grind thru a 3/8" plate. Moisten water and mix until well blended. Stuff into medium hog casings and tie at 5" intervals

Hmmmm, guess I didn't read the recipe too well - I ground the pork, then mixed with the seasonings....so, I guess both ways work.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by cjs (I felt like Mother E...)
I'm going to try my hand at the Ancho Chile Chicken recipe, black beans and yellow rice OR chicken gremolata and I'm not sure what sides. Maybe a baked sweet potato to share and something green.
  Re: Re: Hey Grandpa, what's for Supper? by Trixxee (I'm going to try my ...)
"something green".........okra? Love fried okra!

Yes, I loved that rotisserie...wanna come clean it for me
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy