My new dog Sunny
  Re: (...)
Here is my first picture of my new (8 year old) Yellow lab Sunny. She is kind of small, but a sweetie. She won't let me out of her sight unless I sit down, then she goes exploring.

[Image: Sunny-2.jpg]

She was a stray, but seems to be house broken. They only had her a few days until I saw her. Kind of skinny huh? Well, I know how to fatten her up!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: My new dog Sunny by bjcotton (Here is my first pic...)
Oh my goodness, what a sweetie!!! And what a lucky doggie to find a new home with you! You will have her properly spoiled and fattened up in no time at all.

So, what will you be cooking tomorrow?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: My new dog Sunny by Mare749 (Oh my goodness, what...)
She's a cutie... and she's found a good home!
  Re: Re: My new dog Sunny by HomeCulinarian (She's a cutie... and...)
Awww, Billy, a man after my heart! You took in a stray. You are so sweet! I have 5 cats cuz I can't say no. Sunny looks adorable, but you are right, she is far too thin. My guess is that it wont take you much longer than a week to change that! I hope she brings you years of love and happiness.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: My new dog Sunny by chef_Tab (Awww, Billy, a man a...)
OH BILLY! I was so afraid you would mourn too long! What a generous "Daddy" you are! I KNOW you will have her filled out in NO time! I know some may "pooh pooh" this, but our lab, Cricket, is the best fed doggie in town! She only has "lunch" and "dinner" straight from the table. She waits patiently as we eat dinner. But when she sees we are about to finish, she comes to sit at the table to wait for her plate. She is sooo spoiled!

We have had at least 6 labs, including the one we have now. I wouldn't have another bred! They are GREAT dogs!

Welcome to the family Sunny!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: My new dog Sunny by Gourmet_Mom (OH BILLY! I was so ...)
She is pretty shy or afraid and quick movements startle her. I went looking for her a moment ago and she was lying in the middle of my bed. Guess that lets me know who's the boss.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: My new dog Sunny by bjcotton (She is pretty shy or...)
I'm soooooooo happy for you and for Sunny!!! She's got the best Daddy going (next to Bob & the Pugs, of course). She's gonna be spoiled rotten in no time. And I know that she'll be a great comfort to you!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: My new dog Sunny by bjcotton (She is pretty shy or...)
She's beautiful! But, I hate to say don't give her the scraps from the table. I think she needs a really good diet to start out on. Not toast, bacon and eggs etc.

I'm almost thinking I want one!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: My new dog Sunny by Lorraine (She's beautiful! Bu...)
Billy is incorrigible - but hopefully he won't give her too many table scraps!

Our babies are on a fish and sweet potato dog food - made from organic human grade ingredients. Their treats are limited to baby carrots, and specific dog treats. Right now half their dinner is dog food and the other half is green beans (thawed frozen). No table scraps allowed.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: My new dog Sunny by Harborwitch (Billy is incorrigibl...)
Gee, Sharon, it sounds like we could all benefit from your dogs' diet!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!