Iron Chef Marathon
  Re: (...)
It's really dead on here, so I thought I'd share. There's nothing interesting on TV tonight (dead on there too), so I found that Food Network is doing a marathon. I tuned in.

The one on now is Flay vs. Tsai, Battle DUCK! Bobby deep fried his version of Peking Duck. Tsai is also doing a Peking duck as well. Looks interesting! Tsai used an air compressor to separate the skin from the fat on his duck....really cool stuff!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Iron Chef Marathon by Gourmet_Mom (It's really dead on ...)
Two other interesting things...a Duck Confit Crepe and a Foi Gras Creme Brulee! Oh, and deep fried duck...Southern style!!! The air compressor deal was for the Duck a l'Orange. Tasty looking presentations, I tell you!
  Re: Iron Chef Marathon by Gourmet_Mom (It's really dead on ...)
I'm watching the reruns, Daphne, can someone please tell me why I'm still awake at 2:45 AM?????

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Iron Chef Marathon by pjcooks (I'm watching the rer...)
Good Lord, you two!! Good thing it was a Saturday night! Your Sunday is probably shot.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Iron Chef Marathon by cjs (Good Lord, you two!!...)
Hey, I was watching in prime time....It's PJ that saw the late night version...LOL! Although, I know what it's like to be in her shoes.

Hey, PJ, you got "School Daze" Blues? Your vacation is ending today as well!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Iron Chef Marathon by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, I was watching ...)
Hey I was up with a fussy teething little one at that time and saw the repeats as well...but I do not tire of these. Really need to find the ORIGINAL Iron Chef series on DVD with the voice overs since my Japanese isn't the best...

I loved watching Chef Batali chop the heads off of still moving fish...glad he beat Jamie Oliver as well. Can't stand him...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Iron Chef Marathon by Gourmet_Mom (Hey, I was watching ...)
Quote:

Hey, PJ, you got "School Daze" Blues? Your vacation is ending today as well!

The song that's running through my head at the moment.."It's over", by Roy Orbison...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Iron Chef Marathon by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
AW! I know the feeling...I'm there with ya'. Even though I went back last week, the kids weren't there yet. Tomorrow I face 88 frightened expectant faces. UGH!

Hey LJ, you really LIKE those? The voice over thing drives me CRAZY! That and the voice over for the young female judge that's always giggling is BEYOND annoying!!!!!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Iron Chef Marathon by Gourmet_Mom (AW! I know the feel...)
I LOVE the original Iron Chef!!! I like the sub-titles version but it changes too quick so I take the voice overs...I love it!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Iron Chef Marathon by firechef (I LOVE the original ...)
Quote:

I LOVE the original Iron Chef!!!

Same here. The American version is interesting, but I much prefer the original. Am used to the subtitles, so that doesn't bother me. Unfortunately, the cable company, here, doesn't have the Food Network, so I can't see either of the programs.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?