Well, that meal was a HUGE hit!
  Re: (...)
I made ginger-marinated pork tenderloin from Epicurious (http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...OIN-108734)
But like Daphne the pork loin was on sale at my grocery store and I used that instead. It turned out wonderfully! I marinated overnight as suggested by one of the reviews and the taste was just wonderful, the pork was fork tender, just delicious overall. As sides I made creamed corn and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Yummy!

For dessert, I made Billy's chocolate dessert found in the weekend menu suggestions for Vicci threads "chocolate to the Max". Boy, was that ever good! I will definitely make that again!

All in all, it was a very decadent meal. I used an entire quart of heavy cream (in the potatoes, the corn, the dessert and then for whipped cream to top the dessert!)! So, needless to say I won't be doing this very often.
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Well, that meal was a HUGE hit! by mlucas1 (I made ginger-marina...)
YUM, sounds like you had a very sucessfull dinner Meg! I love it when everything goes together so well. You will have to run a mile tomorrow to make up for all the cream
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Well, that meal was a HUGE hit! by farnfam (YUM, sounds like you...)
Sounds YUMMY Meg! What did you think of Pioneer Woman's Creamed Corn? I now have YOU to thank for my "wasted" day...LOL!

While checking out your proposed recipe, I started clicking through her site. One "blog" led to another, and before I knew it, I'd gotten caught up in reading the WHOLE thing about how she met and fell in love with her husband. I've gotten very little done today...LOL! Now, back to my reading.......I have GOT to finish before I go to bed! School or no school!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Well, that meal was a HUGE hit! by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds YUMMY Meg! W...)
I could feel my arteries clogging just reading this, but it sure sounds good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Well, that meal was a HUGE hit! by Gourmet_Mom (Sounds YUMMY Meg! W...)
Daphne,

the corn was good! My family really liked it! The only small thing that I did differently was that I added some crisp thick sliced bacon.

I know what you mean about getting lost in her blog. I started reading the comments that people had left about the recipe and almost didn't get dinner on the table! lol My computer is right in my kitchen, so at least I could keep an eye on the stove/oven while I was reading!
Meg
[url] www.meglucas.com [url]
  Re: Re: Well, that meal was a HUGE hit! by mlucas1 (Daphne,[br][br]the c...)
I'm glad to hear it's good, I think I'll give it a try soon!

As for reading... ...I've finally finished her Black High Heels to Tractor Wheels...It was soooo funny!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.