I'm Home :)
  Re: (...)
Well I am officially home from delivering Laura to SFSU. It's been a whirlwind of an experience. I swear Derek and I feel like we are both in mourning.

My B-day dinner up there was fantastic. I'll post some pics of the food. B-day itself was uneventful, which is probably just as well.

Now time to catch up on all the going on's here.
  Re: I'm Home :) by DFen911 (Well I am officially...)
Welcome home, Denise.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: I'm Home :) by cjs (Welcome home, Denise...)
Yes, welcome home, Denise! I remember that "empty" feeling when our girls left for college. Try to get out and enjoy time alone with your husband. Thank goodness for cell phones. I dont know how my mom managed when I left. My younger daughter just started Grad school and she still calls nearly every day. The older one normally emails daily. Oddly, I have never "liked" them more. They are becoming more like friends. Time will make the transition easier and you will most likely see her for holidays! Now hurry up and pick the review dinner!

Oh yeah, you can give your Dad a hard time about not participating on the kilt forum.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: I'm Home :) by chef_Tab (Yes, welcome home, D...)
Lol I shall! He still doesn't fully understand the BB concept. I'm going to go up and spend a day with him and show him all around and get him to make a few posts
  Re: Re: I'm Home :) by DFen911 (Lol I shall! He stil...)
You'll hit your stride with the empty nest soon enough... I agree with Theresa about becoming more like friends with your adult kids... I liked every stage, well, honestly my least favorite part was 15-17 years old... I think I'll like being a grandma even more! My oldest is ready to have children, so hopefully they'll conceive soon and she'll have an easy time with it all.

And, I forgot to wish you a happy belated birthday!
  Re: I'm Home :) by DFen911 (Well I am officially...)
Welcome home, Denise! That must have been difficult for you. Even though #1 had been living with my new daughter for 4 years, I got that tug at the heart at the wedding, it's so hard to let them go, isn't it?

I know it is magnified when it is your only. My sister is going through that with her only, as well.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: I'm Home :) by pjcooks (Welcome home, Denise...)
Welcome home Denise! AND Happy belated Birthday!!!!!! I can't wait to see your pics! I bet it was fabulous!

I was so glad to see that smiley at the end of your thread! WHEW! I agree with all that's said...I CAN'T WAIT to have hubby alone!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I'm Home :) by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome home Denise!...)
Welcome home Denise. I hope you will adjust to empty nest quickly and actually come to LOVE it like James and I have. Everyone is so right, now they become like welcome friends for a visit and the hard part is over. Congrats, you successfully launched one on to a great future!
Cis
Empress for Life
Cis
Empress for Life