Ever test a recipe for ATK?
  Re: (...)
America's test kitchen? I just did some sort of potato thingy that was a disaster all the way around! It took twice as long as expected for less than 1/2 the results! That's a lot of time and money for wall-paper paste!

Sally
  Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? by lxxf (America's test kitch...)
No, never did. Nice to see you back on the forum, Sally! Where ya been?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? by Mare749 (No, never did. Nice...)
No but I do test recipes regularly for Share Our Strength. I test them, suggest changes and have even done a handful of classes on shopping, budgeting and planing meals for low income and "at risk" families. It is a great program and a lot of fun.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? by firechef (No but I do test rec...)
Hi there stranger. Yes, I did a few but I got busy with other recipe testing and they gave up on me, I guess. I don't think I ever did one that 'blew our socks off' but no losers really either. that's too bad, maybe the next one will be a winner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? by cjs (Hi there stranger. Y...)
Hi guys, I've been traveling for about a month. Other than that, I haven't been doing much interesting in the kitchen. We've been trying to use the grill a lot, but it's malfunctioning. A big wind storm blew it over and now we can't get it hot enough.

Anyway, I expect to get back into food and cooking as the weather cools down, and I'll probably have something to contribute.

Sally
  Re: Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? by lxxf (Hi guys, I've been t...)
Hey Sally Yeah I used to do them all the time. Well till I got to about the 8th one. None of them were very good. So I thought well I'd rather test the stuff here instead At least it's edible.

I did a cake about 6 months ago from them that had absolutely no flavor.
  Re: Re: Ever test a recipe for ATK? by DFen911 (Hey Sally [img]/ubbt...)
Get in touch with Share Our Strength!!! They always have a need for volunteers that can cook, test recipes, teach and share a love of food and people...not only is it fun but it is also contributing to the betterment of society.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)