OT- Buying books
  Re: (...)
Well, it's kinda off topic. Some of you mentioned a couple places you ordered books from that was really cheap. One, I can SEE the webpage, but can't for the life of me remember it. I have looked through my favorites, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I need to order some books for school and would LOVE to get them at a deal. I think it was Sharon and/or Jean and/or Lorraine that offered the sites....HELP!!!! I can't seem to find it on the search....ARGGGGG! I'm pretty sure it was when we were looking at ordering the Tenth Muse or on of the other books. BTW, has anyone found anything worth reading lately...other than cookbooks....LOL!?!?!?!?! I'd love to find something like Tenth Muse.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: OT- Buying books by Gourmet_Mom (Well, it's kinda off...)
I use Amazon, eBay, & Abesbooks.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OT- Buying books by Harborwitch (I use Amazon, eBay, ...)
Abesbooks was one of them, but there was another that I THINK had shop in the title. I'll check that one out now. Thanks Sharon!

I'm seeing this isn't going to work out for me. I need to buy in bulk through the school...30 books. OH WELL! I will be sharing this with parents though. They have all 4 books I teach for a buck each! No reason all my kids shouldn't be able to get their own copy! I like for them to have their own copy so they can take notes and highlight important passages to make reading responses easier.

AND I'll be SAVING the dang sites this time, too!
Daphne
  Re: Re: OT- Buying books by Gourmet_Mom (Abesbooks was one of...)
ABE is just one of many book-search sites. It's easier just to go to BookFinder, which includes ABE, Amazon, Alibris, and others, all in one.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT- Buying books by labradors (ABE is just one of m...)
Thanks Labs, but since I need a set of 30 this won't work either. PLUS, this site didn't have the book for under $3.00+. Odd since Abebooks has over 30 at a dollar each.
Daphne
  Re: Re: OT- Buying books by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks Labs, but sin...)
Ah. How about eCampus?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OT- Buying books by labradors (Ah. How about [url=...)
I've purchased all my daughters books thru Amazon, used of course.

In HS her books new would have run me about $700 per year. But I was averaging about $220 per year by getting used ones. I just check out the seller, their ratings (nothing lower than 93%) I haven't been burned yet *knocks wood*.
  Re: Re: OT- Buying books by DFen911 (I've purchased all m...)
My daughters buy most of their text books on half.com. I dont know much about it, but I think it is connected to ebay. Good luck!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: OT- Buying books by chef_Tab (My daughters buy mos...)
I'm sorry guys....I think I've confused everyone. I need a cheap set of 30 books of the same title...Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH. I use it to teach in my classroom and my principal is good to me, but would LOVE it if I could find the BEST deal.

Although, I will pass on the sites mentioned for textbooks to baby girl, who is currently searching for textbooks "cheap". We're already in the hole for an $80 lab book for a science course....UGH! We're hoping to get the text book for under $10, even though the "new" copy cost over $125! No kidding, the textbook industry must be the ONLY industry still making a killing! She had a professor last year that chose a book that had NEVER been used. I swear, the man HAD to be working for a textbook company.

Oldest boy (25) will get the same sites, too. He's paying with grants and the poor fellow needs all the help he can get!
Daphne
  Re: Re: OT- Buying books by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sorry guys....I ...)
Oh, and Labs, I checked ecampus and they were still higher than AbeBooks .

But really, I need a bulk place if anyone knows of one. That's the thing. I've found the book for a dollar! BUT I can only buy one...LOL! If I could get 30 for a dollar each...Now THAT would be GREAT!

You know, it would be easier for me to buy them myself for a buck at AbeBooks and pay 30 bucks of my own money than spend my TIME to find a site that sells it cheap and get the school to pay for it. Does that make me a sucker?

Maybe I need to find a title I use that is ALMOST worn out on sale at a place where I can buy bulk and ask for IT! Wouldn't that offset me buying the other set out of my own pocket? HMMMM?

Opinions welcome! I THINK I've got 'til Friday...day after tomorrow!
Daphne