VOT
  Re: (...)
The only thing on TV is the convention. Now I could change it to something else...FGS, we've got about 200+ channels, but William INSISTS on watching a news channel since my regular shows are not playing. He'd watch FOXNEWS 24/7 if I'd let him.

SO, tonight he went off on a rant about his knowledge of history. (His father could rattle off the name of ALL the presidents and recite the Gettysburg Address at the drop of a hat. Because of this, he's always felt he was "lacking".)

During one of his "rants", he spouted off a story about two presidents who were friends, off and on, and died on the same day...the fourth of July!

Now don't look! Do you know who they are? Quick....

(Can you tell I'm bored...LOL!)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: VOT by Gourmet_Mom (The only thing on TV...)
Daphne, I am really depressed with the TV situation too. When the kids go to bed, I get my glass of wine and veg infront of the TV. I am not much use at anything else at that point. What about 3 more weeks of this? Not the convention, but until the new fall season kicks off.

On a side note and still VOT - I have three little kids with Strep throat. We have been battling this since Saturday. Steph got sick, but then was feeling better I thought it wouls just be a three day thing, and as the boys got it figured we are on round 2 and 3. Today I got a good look in Chris' mouth and knew we needed to go in. I have a very sleepsless night last night, I hope tonight is better, but I don't have very high hopes.

Oh, and I have no idea on the friendly dead presidents.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: VOT by esgunn (Daphne, I am really...)
TV is depressing. Paul was gone Sunday thru today and I turned it on once and back off within minutes...nothing I wanted to see.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: VOT by bjcotton (TV is depressing. P...)
That would be John Adams and Thomas Jefferson??? And they were not "friends" but at times bitter rivals that shared a love of God and Country that saw through their differences for what was best for this Country...on an off note Thomas Jefferson and I share the same birthday of April 13th. We are a few years apart however...
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: VOT by firechef (That would be John A...)
Well done, LJ! Yes, they were friends for a while, then bitter enemies, but I understand they "made up" before their deaths. I thought William was so full of sh...! I gleefully went to look it up, and sure enough, they died on the same day...what an interesting day it is...of the same year.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: VOT by Gourmet_Mom (Well done, LJ! Yes,...)
Odd that I share the same birthday as Thomas Jefferson and Kambree was born on the anniversary of his death! Quite odd...yet unique and a way to introduce her to the history of the country she will know as home when she is a bet older!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: VOT by firechef (Odd that I share the...)
And on the same date they signed the declaration of independance!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".