Magazine recalled after faulty recipe poisons 4
  Re: (...)
A Swedish magazine had a recipe with a grossly incorrect amount of nutmeg, and people were getting sick from having followed the recipe. Here's the story.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Magazine recalled after faulty recipe poisons 4 by labradors (A Swedish magazine h...)
Wow, who would ever even consider using that much nutmeg? Who would bother grating it?

The proofreaders dropped the ball on that one, for sure.

Thanks for the read, Labs.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Magazine recalled after faulty recipe poisons 4 by pjcooks (Wow, who would ever ...)
This brings to mind a quote from my dad, "Some people are more to be pitied than scorned". What were they thinking?!?! My gosh, 20 nutmegs? C'mon! I wonder if they even bothered to grate it. And imagine what it must have tasted like...yuk. Hard to believe they didn't take one bite and spit it out! Thanks for the laugh, Labs! I even shared this story with hubby.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Magazine recalled after faulty recipe poisons 4 by chef_Tab (This brings to mind ...)
I was told by my grocer decades ago that nutmeg was used as a 'high' with kids. I had never heard of it before then.
  Re: Re: Magazine recalled after faulty recipe poisons 4 by chef_Tab (This brings to mind ...)
" 20 nutmegs? "
Folks that don't cook a lot, or don't know anything about the ingredient, would have no idea as to the error. We may look at it and think "that's just wrong", but many folks wouldn't. That's why I'm very leary of untried recipes on the net. I feel sorry for those who try recipes off the net, with little knowledge of what they are doing.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Magazine recalled after faulty recipe poisons 4 by Lorraine (" 20 nutmegs? "[br]F...)
I feel the same way, Lorraine!! And yeah, who would have the patience to grate 20 nutmegs.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com