REVIEW-Margarita Flank Steak with Bean Enchiladas
  Re: (...)
I am such an person....I made this statement about this recipe a while back when HomeCulinarian mentioned making this recipe for guests without trying it beforehand:
Quote:

I'll be interested in your review of that steak. I looked at that, but was afraid there was not enough flavor there.

Margarita Flank Steak with Bean Enchiladas

Well, as usual, I was VERY wrong! We LOVED this. It has a nice fresh flavor with the guac. I made it exactly from the corrected recipe. The ONLY thing I changed was that I made a London Broil earlier this week. Instead of cutting it, I grilled it as usual. Tonight, I rinsed the herbs off the meat (which was cooked MR). I saved the thicker portion for tonight so it was more rare than MR. I put the "cooked" meat in the marinade and left it for a couple hours before searing it in a hot skillet and warming it "almost" through in the oven.

If you click to the thread, you will see that HC and guests LOVE them. I made a mistake when posting the recipe, so here is the corrected recipe...couldn't edit before:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Margarita Flank Steak with Bean Enchiladas (CORRECTED)

Recipe By :HomeCulinarian
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup red onion -- diced
1 teaspoon garlic -- minced
2 cans black beans -- drained, rinsed (15 oz. each)
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup goat cheese -- crumbled
8 flour tortilla -- 6 inch
1 cup monterey jack cheese -- shredded
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 flank steak -- trimmed (1 1/2 pound)
Tomatillo Guacamole
Sour Cream
Lime Wedges

Preheat oven to 425 degrees; coat a 3 quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Preheat grill to medium-high.

Saute onion in oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until onion softens, 1-2 minutes. Add garlic, cook 1 minute, then stir in beans; crush with a potato masher until chunky. Add broth, bring to a simmer, and reduce until liquid is nearly evaporated. Stir in goat cheese until melted, 2-3 minutes.

Place 1/3 cup of beans mixture on each tortilla and roll. Place on baking dish, seam side down. Sprinkle with Monteray Jack and bake until cheese is melted and tortillias are golden, about 15-20 minutes. (This part of the directions is from memory...sorry, it's late. But it is the correct method, but in my wording.)

Combine citrus juices, tequila, sugar, and salt in a large resealable plastic bag; add steak and marinate 10-15 minutes. Remove from marinade and grill to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and rest 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.

To serve, spoon guacamole on plates, then top with enchiladas and steak slices. Garnish with sour cream and lime wedges.

Source:
"Cuisine at Home Grilling Tonight"
S(Internet Address):
"http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=1&Number=61032&Searchpage=1&Main=61032&Words=margarita&topic=&Search=true#Post61032"
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: REVIEW-Margarita Flank Steak with Bean Enchiladas by Gourmet_Mom (I am such an idiot.....)
That does sound good! Bet some Brendaritas would be good with this.... Better copy this, I don't have Grilling Tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com