Lasagna Soup- REVIEW
  Re: (...)
I have seen sooo much on here about this soup, I got tired of waiting. Heck, we are subject to have summer temps up to, if not after xmas...so here's my opinion!

William has never given a 10 due to the fact he believes No One is PERFECT! We were both blown awwy..He gives this an "almost" 10! It was really good!!This is a keeper! As a matter of fact, William has suggested that THIS recipe be a definite entry on our hunting camp/preserve "Inn". I've never heard him RAVE like this before.

BTW, I learned something new tonight, after 30 some years together. He was especially impressed with the cheese on the bottom so that it would stick in small amounts to your spoon and "string" out of your bowl to your mouth...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Lasagna Soup- REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (I have seen sooo muc...)
Interesting! Thanks for the review, Daphne. Another one to put on the menu. I haven't been cooking much lately, this will get me going again.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Lasagna Soup- REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (I have seen sooo muc...)
It is a delicious soup. Another good one is the sausage Minestra. Do you have the Splendid Soups book? It is in there, if not I can try and find it for you.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup- REVIEW by esgunn (It is a delicious so...)
and the Lasagna soups is where? I haven't made this one yet.

geez, is this the one? If so, I did make it last March...

Lasagna Soup
(Cuisine at home, December 2005, Issue 54, p. 34)

Makes: 8 Cups Total Time: 45 Minutes Rating: Easy

Brown; Stir in:
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
2 cups onions, chopped
1 cup carrots, diced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 T. garlic, minced

Add; Stir in:
4 cups chicken broth
1 can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, chopped (141/2 oz.)
1 can tomato sauce (103/4 oz.)
1 cup mafalda pasta
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup provolone cheese or fresh mozzarella, diced

Garnish with:
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
4 t. thinly sliced fresh basil

Related Recipes:

Creamy Parmesan Dressing

Brown sausage in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and carrots; saute 3 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and garlic, and saute another 3 minutes.

Add broth, stewed tomatoes, and tomato sauce, and bring to a boil. Drop in pasta and simmer until cooked, about 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Stir in spinach and cook until wilted. Place 1/4 cup cheese into serving bowls and pour soup on top.

Garnish with Parmesan and basil.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup- REVIEW by cjs (and the Lasagna soup...)
That's the one Jean! I have the Splendid Soups....SOMEWHERE! That's the one I got instead of the Spendid Pastas book. I had intended to send it back, so I put it back in the mailing envelope. Then the closer it got to the end of summer, the more I realized, why not keep it and just reorder the Spendid Pastas book.

NOW I CAN'T FIND IT! I'm hoping someone didn't throw the mailer envelope away, thinking it was empty. You would think it would be easy to spot. I'm trying not to accept that someone, possibly even me, threw it away. OH MY!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup- REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (That's the one Jean!...)
Do you really think someone in YOUR home would throw something away without asking you about it first??? In your house??? NEVER!
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup- REVIEW by firechef (Do you really think ...)
LOL! You don't know how far off you are....nobody around would ever pick something up TO throw away...who are you kidding...I'm just a glorified maid around here.

You see, because I know this, I'm afraid the person who may have thrown it away may have actually been ME!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup- REVIEW by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! You don't know...)
That or if nobody picks up anything it is still buried on a counter somewhere under "someone's" stuff just waiting for "someone" to go through it all...

It may be on that section of counter that you have been leaving to see if someone else would go through the stuff and take care of it since you have been busy with the start of the new school year??? Then again that pile is sooo dang high by now since someone doesn't live and clean in your house only you seem to...am I close at all on this one???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup- REVIEW by firechef (That or if nobody pi...)
It's like you looked through the screen at my house...How'd you know!?!?!?!?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Lasagna Soup- REVIEW by firechef (That or if nobody pi...)
We have the "Blonde Tornado" around here. She doesn't like stuff piled or set on tables, counters, flat surfaces of any kind. Instead she takes it all and PILES in on a barstool that no one uses. She also tends to toss stuff that shouldn't have been tossed.

Darn it LEAVE MY PILES ALONE! I keep telling her it's not nice to hide stuff from old people!!! We'll never ever find it - shoot we can't remember where WE put it.

Want me to send her your way??? She can spend 45 minutes in the cleaning product aisle - and 10 minutes in the rest of the grocery store.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!