New Cookbook
  Re: (...)
I was at the bookstore browsing for something to read and the owner hollered at me that she had a lot of new cookbooks in. So I mosied over and had a look see. There he was right on top staring at me: Rick Bayless's "Mexican Kitchen" which won The Julia Child Cookbook Awards "Book of the Year." For eight bucks whacha gonna do? Haven't had a chance to peruse yet, but I certainly will tomorrow.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: New Cookbook by bjcotton (I was at the booksto...)
Sounds like a great find to me, Billy! I love to watch him cook. Very talented chef. Since I don't cook Mexican food, that might be a good place for me to start learning. I'll have to check it out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Cookbook by Mare749 (Sounds like a great ...)
Wonderful find, Billy - I think that's the one of his I have also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Cookbook by cjs (Wonderful find, Bill...)
I used to have another of his books and never used it so I gave it to Lorraine. I like this one so far. Sat up til 1:30 reading it. Love his descriptions of mole in there.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: New Cookbook by bjcotton (I used to have anoth...)
" so I gave it to Lorraine "

Yes, and it's packed in the next box to be sent to VA.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: New Cookbook by bjcotton (I used to have anoth...)
Billy does he mention how to get it off the cupboards???

I have that cookbook - in fact I have all of his and we dearly love them. We watch him on PBS whenever we can too.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: New Cookbook by bjcotton (I was at the booksto...)
Good buy, Billy. I don't have any of his--I should. He is an historian and even takes his staff from both resteraunts to Mexico for two weeks every year to experience the real thing! I saw a show on his trip to Vera Cruz--I want to go there!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: New Cookbook by Old Bay (Good buy, Billy. I d...)
That is a GREAT book Billy. I have that one autographed and personalized sitting on the bookshelf for all the world to see. I love a bunch of the recipes in it as well. Glad you got it on the cheap my friend.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)