In case I have to choose....
  Re: (...)
I'm heading to "the city" to spend a little of my bonus....maybe if I spend it first, my kids won't get to it...LOL! Anyway, I've got my list and see that I may not have the heart to get all these things, so I may have to choose from the following. I thought I'd ask those of you who probably have these things, which you could and could not live without. (I've got another bonus coming in a couple months, so hopefully, if I'm "sensible" this time, William will let me out again with my checkbook at the kitchen stores...LOL!)

Here are the items I may have to pick between: saucier pan (I only have one large skillet...I gave the other to DD so I could get one of these, that was 2 years ago), Cuisenart Ice Cream Maker (ok, so summer is on the down swing), Lodge Reversible Griddle (Do these do ok on a smooth top? I've got a griddle, I want it for the side with ridges), and a Lodge Enamel Dutch Oven (I don't think I'll ever be able to justify the cost of the Le Crueset-is that spelled right?).

I'm getting several other items that I must have, so I decided these were the three I could MAYBE live without for a little while longer.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: In case I have to choose.... by Gourmet_Mom (I'm heading to "the ...)
Personally, having both the saucier pan and the ice cream maker, I'd go with the saucier. I use it much more than I do the ice cream maker, which you'll find goes on sale quite a lot. I gave away my 3rd ice cream maker, if I'd known you wanted one I'd have given it to you. It was the ICE-40 model instead of the ICE-20 [which I still have two of]. The ICE-40 has two smaller bowls which will work independently or both at one time. I didn't care for it.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
I have the Lodge reversible grill/gridle. I only use it when I can't use the BBQ, which isn't too often but they are very nice. Make sure you have a good ventilation.

I would love to have a nice saucier pan!

I have the ice cream maker and I don't use it near as much as I thought I would.

Someday I will have one of those nice dutch ovens

My vote is the pan. I love making sauces. Nothing says yum like a good sauce to me.
  Re: Re: In case I have to choose.... by DFen911 (I have the Lodge rev...)
Looks like the saucier is going to be my best bet, if I have to choose. In the event I can get it and one other, I'm wondering if I might want to wait for the nicer dutch oven later. Then I can get one of the other items OR just strip the gadget section bare...LOL! Then there's also the trip to Sam's for spices....maybe get food instead of "stuff". I DO have the fluted pans for tortilla bowls, peel and replacement pizza stone, comforter (mine has been rapidly loosing feathers for weeks!), squirt bottles with caps, tea towels, and a salt box on the list also. Bed, Bath & Beyond are going to be very happy to see me today...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: In case I have to choose.... by Gourmet_Mom (Looks like the sauci...)
I dont know what stores you have available, but I always see the Le Creuset dutch ovens at TJMaxx and Marshalls at quite a discount. I wanted one until I lifted it. I have bulging discs and cannot lift more than 10 lbs, the pot full would weigh at least that! Good luck and have fun shopping!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: In case I have to choose.... by chef_Tab (I dont know what sto...)
Okay, I'm off! I am sooo looking forward to this...it's been a long time coming. Tuitions are paid, books are purchased, and a new car battery...this one's MOM'S!

Oh, and I already ordered the Perfect Pasta and the new Soups, Stews, and Chili books!
Daphne
  Re: Re: In case I have to choose.... by Gourmet_Mom (Okay, I'm off! I am...)
Well, I guess you don't need me adding my 2 cents of buy it all!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'd be buying the Dutch Oven ( I can't afford Le Creuset), winter's coming! Have fun!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: In case I have to choose.... by Lorraine (I'd be buying the Du...)
I can't wait to hear what she gets, how fun!
  Re: Re: In case I have to choose.... by DFen911 (I can't wait to hear...)
No kidding, I would go for the pan definitely -