Limoncello Collins
  Re: (...)
My, these are tasty -
[Image: limoncello.jpg]

But, imo, we needed warmer weather to truly appreciate these and probably feeling better would help also, but they are good! here's the recipe again.

Limoncello Collins

16 ounces limoncello
12 ounces gin
8 ounces fresh lemon juice
24 paper thin lemon slices
Ice
16 ounces chilled club soda
8 mint sprigs

In a pitcher, combine the limoncello, gin and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Press 3 thin lemon slices against the inside of each of 8 collins glasses. Add ice to the glasses. Stir the limoncello mixture and pour it into the glasses. Stir 2 ounces of club soda into each drink and garnish with a mint sprig.

Description:
"Hatfields. Los Angeles The Collins was most likely named after 19th-century bartender John Collins of London's Limmer's Hotel. The Tom Collins was originally made with Old Tom, a sweet style of gin that's extremely hard to find today."
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Limoncello Collins by cjs (My, these are tasty ...)
They sure look good! I need to go find the Limoncello recipe. I tried to get some at the ABC store last Friday, but they didn't carry it. I guess I'll have to make my own. I still have trouble realizing that parts of the country have such cool weather already, but I've still got the warm weather to go with them!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Limoncello Collins by Gourmet_Mom (They sure look good!...)
Cool weather??? It's nearly 90 here today. I know parts of northern Idaho and Montana are getting snow already...looks like the "Old Farmer's Almanac" might get it right this year!

This would look good if "strong stuff" didn't turn my stomach just with the smell. I can handle beer and wine but "hard stuff" makes my stomach turn with one whiff.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)