Anyone cooking anything fun today???
  Re: (...)
We are keeping it simple today...stuffed pork chops with a seafood stuffing and lobster macaroni and cheese. Nothing too exciting but might as well finish up the fresh stuff in the fridge before we head out for the week at the hospital.

What is everyone else cooking today???
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Anyone cooking anything fun today??? by firechef (We are keeping it si...)
Today I try my beet dough ravioli pastas stuffed with crabmeat. I think I'm using lemon basil and a bit of egg to hold the filling together. Should I use breadcrumb in the filling too?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
We're smoking more piggy - ribs today! Maybe some mac & cheese to go in the smoker with them. I'll have to hold back some so Jennifer can have some without rib drippin's in it.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Anyone cooking anything fun today??? by Harborwitch (We're smoking more p...)
My taste buds are coming back to life, so guess an easy dinner will be grilled T-bones, truffle fries and salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Anyone cooking anything fun today??? by farnfam (Today I try my beet ...)
Not today, but here's one I plan on making soon (once my beginning-of-the-month money gets here). It's from Plate Online, which Billy mentioned earlier.

CHILLED BANANA BISQUE WITH CINNAMON CROUTONS
Chef-Owner John Mims
Carmine's Creole Café - Bryn Mawr, Pa., USA
Yield: 6 servings

INGREDIENTS:
  • Bananas, halved lengthwise 8 each
  • Butter, melted 1 C
  • Brown sugar 1 C
  • Cinnamon dash, plus 1/2 tsp
  • White pepper 1/2 tsp
  • Heavy cream 1/2 qt
  • Coconut cream, 15-Oz cans of 2 each
  • Chili paste 1 TBS
  • Raisin bread slices 4 each
  • Sugar 2 TBS
  • Salt and white pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Place bananas in a hotel pan. Combine 1/2 cup melted butter, brown sugar, dash of cinnamon, white pepper and heavy cream in a mixing bowl; mix well. Pour over bananas and bake 15 to 17 minutes.
  3. Purée cooked bananas and cooking liquid with coconut cream and chili paste and reserve, refrigerated.
  4. Place raisin bread on a baking tray. Combine remaining melted butter, cinnamon and sugar. Season mixture with salt and white pepper. Mix well and pour over bread. Bake until crusty, about 10 minutes. Cut into 1/2-inch sized croutons.
  5. Pour 4 ounces chilled bisque in a bowl and garnish with 6 croutons.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Anti pasta salad--mixed lettuce, fresh tomatoes, thin sliced pepperoni and salami, black olives, sweet onion, marinated hearts of palm, garlic & herb dressing with blu cheese crumbles for lunch.

Dinner- Seasoned pork chops and cabbage sauteed in fat back. Love it and it's been awhile.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Anyone cooking anything fun today??? by labradors (Not today, but here'...)
That sounds good Labs! Copied for later attempts on this end as well.
"Ponder well on this point: the pleasant hours of our life are all connected, by a more or less tangible link, with some memory of the table."-Charles Pierre Monselet, French author(1825-1888)
  Re: Re: Anyone cooking anything fun today??? by labradors (Not today, but here'...)
Good grief that sounds decadent! Hmmmmmm, just might have to make that one of these days.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Anyone cooking anything fun today??? by Harborwitch (Good grief that soun...)
If I ever finish this sweeping and mopping, get those clothes folded and a little ironing for next week, fridge cleaned out (not bad, just needs to be done so I can fill it next week), and those dishes washed and put away (ya' know, maybe I should have used that money from yesterday on a dishwasher...NAH!), lesson plans completed...Oh, you didn't want to know all that! (You know if I hadn't gone shopping yesterday, that list wouldn't be so long....NAH! Not only can I get a lot of shopping finished in a day, I can get a lot of cleaning done, too! )

I'll be putting on Jean's "Double the Yum" cake shortly and prepping for dinner....White Clam Pizza and Fried Fish Tacos...YUMMY! And yes Jean, I got catfish...$2 cheaper than tilapia!

Oh, and LJ, don't think that seafood stuffed/lobster tossed comment went unnoticed! If it get's too late, I'll be over for dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Anyone cooking anything fun today??? by Gourmet_Mom (If I ever finish thi...)
I just got a new cookbook, Celebrate The Rain: Cooking With The Fresh And Abundant Flavors Of The Pacific Northwest. I'm making the Citrus Saffron Penne. It also has asparagus and peas in it. Looks beautiful!

Firechef, if that's a simple dinner......Enjoy - sounds absolutely divine!