Denise - Ordering Duck?
  Re: (...)
Hi Denise- didn't want this question to get lost on the mashed potato thread. I saw you mention ordering duck. Where do you order it from, and how does it come? Is it already cooked, raw, either?

I've never dealt with duck but need a new "meat"! Thanks.
  Re: Denise - Ordering Duck? by Trixxee (Hi Denise- didn't w...)
Hey Trixxee Funny you should bring this up. I will be order my duck on Thursday. I am going to order thru http://www.secure-kew.com/grimaud/main.mv I have had a lot of good stuff about Grimaud's. They also sell rendered duck fat. I'm going to order a whole duck and the container of the fat. I'll use the legs/thighs to make confit and the breasts to make duck ravioli. MMmMMMmm
  Re: Re: Denise - Ordering Duck? by DFen911 (Hey Trixxee [img]/ub...)
You can also get rendered duck fat at Whole Foods. Not very expensive either.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Denise - Ordering Duck? by bjcotton (You can also get ren...)
Trixxee, living where you do, I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble finding ducks, rendered duck fat, and whatever else you want - just ask your butcher!

My wonderful little butcher at QFC is ordering me pork bellys so I can start playing next week.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Denise - Ordering Duck? by cjs (Trixxee, living wher...)
Hmm, I would imagine that Denise wouldn't have any trouble either, but yet she's ordering. I could probably find duck at the brand new huge beautiful Whole Foods about 20 minutes away. I've been waiting for an excuse to go in there anyway!

I doubt though that just my regular markets in town carry duck. I don't think there would be a lot of demand for it. Well, maybe the Ralph's in Villa Park.
  Re: Re: Denise - Ordering Duck? by Trixxee (Hmm, I would imagine...)
Trixxee, I can almost always find them frozen somewhere here, never fresh. The butcher doesn't carry them, but always carries duck fat, go figure. Good luck on your quest!

Jean, I'm down to my last pork belly. Better enjoy it, as I won't be stocking up the freezer.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Denise - Ordering Duck? by Lorraine (Trixxee, I can almos...)
I have to order. I have no whole foods near me, and the nearest Trader Joes is very small and doesn't carry duck or the fat. My own grocery can order it, but cannot guarantee from which purveyor it will come from.

Lol while being in the "hub" of S. Calif I sure feel far away at times hehe
  Re: Re: Denise - Ordering Duck? by DFen911 (I have to order. I h...)
I don't think I've ever seen duck at any of the 10 or so TJ's I've been to in OC in the last 15 years, it just isn't a commonly stocked item.