Fambly Rejunion
  Re: (...)
This weekend is our annual family reunion. We have reserved several trailer/camping spaces over on the coast and we'll all gather there. Of course, this isn't limited to immediate family members, but extended family, friends, neighbors, etc. This year I made a pork arm roast, defatted and shredded; the jus will be slightly thickened and we'll serve them on a hoagie bun; if these beans turn out the way I think I'll make another batch and take 2 or 3 cast iron skillets so I can make cornbread.

This year we are having the Family Chili Championship cookoff. I'll be one of the judges. We went down to Burger King and got one of the crowns they have for kids and there will be streamers and one of those ribbons you put across the breast of the winner. I am taking the Ronco Rotisserie so we can do hotdogs and sausages for lunches too.

I don't know what all the others will be bringing except one sister will be bringing BBQ Pork Ribs. We always have breakfast on Saturday mornings so that will be nice.

There will be motorhomes, trailers, tents, ect., so if anyone wants to come, there'll be space...if you can stand all the Cotton Clan. There's usually plenty of beer, booze, mixes and just plain fun, so come one if you want.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Fambly Rejunion by bjcotton (This weekend is our ...)
Billy, if I lived on the West Coast...I'd be there. This sounds like soooo much fun! I need to work on a similar reunion with my crowd.

The younger generation would have much more fun without the "elders", simply because they're all tee-totalers (I have no clue how to spell that....they have never had a drink, OKAY) The younger generation would have a blast! Then there are a few of the older folks who would like to join us "young folk". It would be a blast. We just have to get past a few tee-totalers. I'll work on that!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fambly Rejunion by Gourmet_Mom (Billy, if I lived on...)
If there are any tee-totalers around we just build them their own fire and carry on. Year before last they used a 20 gallon cooler and everyone just poured their bottles of booze into it with 10 pounds of ice. If you wanted some, just dip your glass in.

In previous years they always had me bring Chicken with Green Chile Enchiladas. I told them I wasn't doing it any more. That takes a long time to make two 9- x 13- x 2-inch and one 11 3/4- x 14 3/4- x 3-inch baking dishes of those things and then figure out how to cook them when we got there.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Fambly Rejunion by bjcotton (If there are any tee...)
Wow, Billy, that does sound fun! I too wish I lived close enough to stop in. Our family used to have big clam boils on the beach. Hurricane Bob took away our cottage and we weren't allowed to rebuild. Then my parents passed away and the family splintered. I so miss big family get togethers. Too bad I am too old to be adopted!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Fambly Rejunion by chef_Tab (Wow, Billy, that doe...)
You're never too old to be adopted, Tab!

Sounds like a fun weekend coming up, Billy - tell everyone hello! Are Jackie and Dave coming down? Haven't seen them forever!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fambly Rejunion by cjs (You're never too old...)
Quote:

You're never too old to be adopted, Tab!

Is that an offer, Jean? teehee.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Fambly Rejunion by chef_Tab ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
" Is that an offer, Jean "

You'll have to stand in line, Theresa!

Sounds like a fun time, Billy. Don't get any sand on you!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Fambly Rejunion by bjcotton (If there are any tee...)
Oh Billy I wish we could come up! This weekend is going to be work on vehicles - the 535 stopped starting, don't know if it's ignition or starter. Yesterday something hit the windshield up high just at the post on the driver's side on the 320 - if it continues to crack he will either have to replace the windshield or fix the 535. Sheesh.

Then I'm promised the Greek Food Festival - we've wanted to go for as long as we've been married and never made it. Last weekend we got up, got all spiffied up and realized we were a week early.

You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Fambly Rejunion by Harborwitch (Oh Billy I wish we c...)
Always room for one more, Tab - eight is not enough!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com