Health food ;-)
  Re: (...)
Okay. I won't spoil this by saying anything about it ahead of time. Just watch the video.

LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Health food ;-) by labradors (Okay. I won't spoil...)
I have always wanted to try those darn cheese curds. I had a friend from Wisconsin that raved about them. But as much as I love chocolate and bacon, I don't think I will be combining the two any time soon! I have noticed "fair food" has become more interesting through the years. And we wonder why Americans tend to be overweight! It will only get worse with the price of food rising so much. I saw on our local news last night that alcohol sales are up. Apparantly we drink more when the economy is lagging. Cute clip Labs!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Health food ;-) by chef_Tab (I have always wanted...)
Not sure about the bacon and chocolate but I LOVE sausage/bacon dipped in maple syrup. And I do mean that I LOVE it I ate a pound of sausage drizzled in syrup hehe
  Re: Re: Health food ;-) by DFen911 (Not sure about the b...)
Tracie just told me about the chocolate and bacon thing a couple days ago....don't know if I can go there.

It's funny, I love to drag sausage and/or bacon thru maple syrup on my plate, but I don't like the maple flavored bacon and sausgage.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Health food ;-) by cjs (Tracie just told me ...)
Oh yeah! My mom used to crumble bacon into waffles. Hmmmm, maybe I need to do those one of these days. Love the syrup on bacon and sausage - just don't let ANY get on my eggs.

I think I could do the chocolate & bacon. I like bacon on a PB & J so why not. Something to play with!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Health food ;-) by Harborwitch (Oh yeah! My mom use...)
and p.butter on my BLTs - so, you're probably right - it's probably delicious.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Health food ;-) by cjs (Tracie just told me ...)
Quote:

It's funny, I love to drag sausage and/or bacon thru maple syrup on my plate,

I put Picky's bacon in a side dish and pour the syrup right over it, no sense in messin' around

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Health food ;-) by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Okay. HAD to try it, but only did a couple of slices - not a big batch. Since I didn't want the chocolate to overwhelm the bacon, I decided to brush it on, instead of dipping the bacon into it.

For me, it was good - tasty, and certainly not repulsive, but not spectacular, either. It was worth the experimentation, but is not something I would really continue to make.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?