Smoker Recipes
  Re: (...)
I wasn't having a lot of luck finding smoker recipes, so I Googled "Food Smokers" and came up with a list of smoker manufacturers. I then went to each of their websites [4 different ones] and they each had a recipes section. So I bookmarked each one and now have a large resource list. The names I used were: Bayou-Classic, Bradley Smoker, Camp Chef, and Masterbuilt. Hope this helps us out.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Smoker Recipes by bjcotton (I wasn't having a lo...)
http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes/outdoor,smoker

This website had a lot of good recipes also.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Smoker Recipes by bjcotton (I wasn't having a lo...)
Here's a few more!
barbequeamerica.com susanminor.org Barbequenews.com dizzypigbbq.com bbq-porch.org

I haven't had time to go look - I've been on an organization mission today. Sheesh.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Smoker Recipes by Harborwitch (Here's a few more! ...)
I've been poking around those websites! Barbequenews.com is really cool - here's an example that I'm going to make very soon!

Smoked Corn Chowder with Leeks

6 ears fresh corn
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 cups minced leeks, white part only
1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
2 stalks celery, minced
1/2 pound Andouille sausage, diced
5 cups chicken stock
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh parsley
Kosher salt
Cracked black pepper
1 cup heavy cream

Carefully peel back the corn husks and remove silk. Soak corn ears in cold water for at least one hour. Drain and fold husks back over ears, securing with kitchen twine. Smoke corn at 225° F. over hickory or mesquite for one to 1 1/2 hours. Remove corn from smoker and remove kernels from ears, reserving kernels and any liquid.

Using a camp stove or the top of a smoker box, melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add leeks, potatoes, celery, and Andouille; cover and cook until leeks and celery soften, about 10 minutes. Add stock and herbs; season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are barely tender. Add corn and cook five minutes. Add cream and return to a simmer. Remove herb sprigs and bay leaves before serving.
  Re: Re: Smoker Recipes by Harborwitch (I've been poking aro...)
Not fair! Now I want a smoker too! Between Billy's beans and the corn chowder with leeks, I am "jonesing" for my own smoker! You are bad, bad influences!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Smoker Recipes by chef_Tab (Not fair! Now I want...)
Quick - go to walmart.com and search smokers to see someone in your area has the Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain. I saw one advertized for under 60.00! The one Billy and I got is still at 99.96.
  Re: Re: Smoker Recipes by Harborwitch (Quick - go to walmar...)
You won't be sorry, Tab - they are so much fun!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Smoker Recipes by cjs (You won't be sorry, ...)
My favorite smoking site is virtualweberbullet.com. Lots of recipies and a very active bulletin board with many helpful, experienced smokers.
  Re: Re: Smoker Recipes by karyn (My favorite smoking ...)
Welcome to the forum, Karyn!! Thanks for more info on smoking - monsters have been created around here since we've all begun to get smokers or replace the old ones...

Let's hear about your smoking experiences and what you've smoked - maybe you have some new ideas for us.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Smoker Recipes by cjs (Welcome to the forum...)
Hi Karyn and welcome to the forum! Your experience with smoking will be greatly appreciated. Join in the fun, this is a nice group. Thank you for posting the website.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."