Family Reunion Tomorrow
  Re: (...)
Well, the smoked beans are done and in the refrigerator; the pulled pork is done and in the refrigerator; the jus is in a bowl just awaiting the finishing touches at the reunion; so now I just need to gather my implements, cooler, wooden spoons, etc. pack my clothes and meds and I am ready. Guess I'll gas up the car this afternoon so all I have to do is load the cooler in the morning and then leave. I have pre-mixed all the dry ingredients for making three different kinds of cornbread. Pretty organized for an old skinny feller huh?
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Family Reunion Tomorrow by bjcotton (Well, the smoked bea...)
Good grief! Show off!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Family Reunion Tomorrow by Harborwitch (Good grief! Show of...)
So, how did the beans turn out? I know you had to have a little taste. I'm thinking that Jean's recipe for Bud's Beans would be really good in the smoker.

Sounds like a great party and I could be perfectly content with what you are making! Have a great time with your family, Billy. I am so glad you are finally feeling better. You have certainly had a long row to hoe.

Maryann
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Family Reunion Tomorrow by Mare749 (So, how did the bean...)
Have a great time - and tell all hello!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Family Reunion Tomorrow by cjs (Have a great time - ...)
I smoked the beans again after I had finished cooking them on the stove. They still didn't have enough of a smoked flavor for me; although, they are definitely very tasty.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Family Reunion Tomorrow by bjcotton (I smoked the beans a...)
Have a wonderful time, Billy, and your beans sound great!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Family Reunion Tomorrow by pjcooks (Have a wonderful tim...)
I guess he's there by now! Hope you're having a good time!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.