Friday Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What are all you good cooks up to? Even though it's hotter than heck here, I'm going to make the Italian Sausage and Butternut Squash soup w/ olive bruschetta that's on the cover of the Soups, Stews & Chilies book. I have a bag of spinach that I refuse to waste so this will work out well.
  Re: Friday Dinner? by Trixxee (What are all you goo...)
I've been craving chicken pot pie, so I guess that's what we're having. I'm not making my crust, though. I've got WAY too much to do.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Everyone's gone, I have the house to myself. I'm thawing two veal shanks. Don't feel like Osso Bucco, so may dice them up and make a Bolognese sauce. I doubt I'll get it all made today, so I'll save it for tomorrow and make sweet potato gnocci. I still have a piece of grilled tenderloin, so will probably make some kind of hot sandwhich with it. And I still have spinach.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
Probably more homemade chicken soup - Mister got sick Monday with whatever I had last week plus now whatever it was is coming back on me - but we are hurricane ready - chicken pot pie sounds really good - I think I will do up some fast biscuits and put on top of the soup - ~ ~
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner? by (Probably more homema...)
Stay safe, Sonja!

We made clam chowder base at work this morning, and we took a little detour-pasta with clam sauce for breakfast, so no big plans for dinner tonight, since I already had it!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner? by (Probably more homema...)
Quote:

Probably more homemade chicken soup - Mister got sick Monday with whatever I had last week plus now whatever it was is coming back on me - but we are hurricane ready - chicken pot pie sounds really good - I think I will do up some fast biscuits and put on top of the soup - ~ ~

Rub a rump roast with 4 seasons garlic and herbs or Italian (dry) dressing mix --put it in the oven at 200 for 8 hrs--if the electricity goes off you can eat on this safely without refrigeration for a couple of days. Tender and tasty too. Be Well & Good Luck
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner? by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
thanks, Bill, I have never heard of that one -
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner? by pjcooks (Stay safe, Sonja![br...)
New England or Manhattan?? I LOVE New England clam chowder - I think when I go to the commissary tomorrow I will get some clams - we are having chowder weather even though the calendar doesn't say so!!!
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner? by (New England or Manha...)
Quote:

New England or Manhattan?? I LOVE New England clam chowder - I think when I go to the commissary tomorrow I will get some clams - we are having chowder weather even though the calendar doesn't say so!!!

New England, of course! I've never been able to wrap my mind around the other one

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Friday Dinner? by pjcooks ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Me either!!!!!!!