Question about honey
  Re: (...)
Does anyone know what can be done with a jar of honey that has crystalized? I have it sitting in hot water right now, but so far, it's not doing very much. Does it have to be thrown out?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Question about honey by Mare749 (Does anyone know wha...)
If it has not turned to sugar the heat will work eventually, the jar should be open--if it is sugar, throw it out. Shake it and keep adding new hot water to the bath, or put in a boiling bath--microwave is questionable, but try 100% power for 30 sec-depending on the amount of honey.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Question about honey by Old Bay (If it has not turned...)
Thank you, Bill.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Question about honey by Mare749 (Thank you, Bill....)
Maryann, when my honey crystalizes I put it in the nuker (microwave) for @ 22 sec. depending on how big a jar. This works pretty well for me.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Question about honey by farnfam (Maryann, when my hon...)
I do the zapper also -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Question about honey by cjs (I do the zapper also...)
I always zap it. Good to the last drop.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Question about honey by Lorraine (I always zap it. Go...)
Try the website for Golden Blossom Honey. When I was still in the States, I used to subscribe to their periodic "Bee Line" mailing (regular mail, not email), and it always had great recipes AND tips such as what to do in the event of crystallisation, as a few others have already answered. Unfortunately, I couldn't find THAT answer on their website, but it WAS in that newsletter every once in a while.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Question about honey by labradors (Try the website for ...)
This may be too late, but you can only microwave it if it is in a glass container. I have seen the plastic ones melt, and I have to think that can't be good with toxins and all!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!