I'm Home!
  Re: (...)
We had 28 people show up for the family reunion...some family members and some not. We had 6 entries for the Cotton Family Chile Cookoff and Marilee's daughter won. I'll have some pictures for you later. It was a 3 hour trip from my house to the South Beach Park on the coast. I personally went and got me a motel room. There were no sewage hookups and I'd be darned if I was going to run across the street every time I needed the bathroom. Much easier in a motel
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: I'm Home! by bjcotton (We had 28 people sho...)
Welcome home, Billy! Hope you had a great time. I don't blame you for getting a room. I like my "creature comforts" these days too. Looking forward to your pics.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Welcome home Sweetie! Now get some rest.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: I'm Home! by Harborwitch (Welcome home Sweetie...)
So glad you had a great time! I would have opted for the hotel too. Were the beans a huge hit? Listen to Sharon and get some rest now!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: I'm Home! by chef_Tab (So glad you had a gr...)
Welcome home Billlyj, glad it was a good time. Are you all "fambileed out" now?
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
Great to have you home--stay there and out of the hospital!! We want to see you while we're up there!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: I'm Home! by Old Bay (Great to have you ho...)
Glad it was great Billy! I would have gotten a room, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: I'm Home! by Gourmet_Mom (Glad it was great Bi...)
how was the food??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Glad you are back and had a good family time - so glad that you were feeling wonderful enough to go - now what was the best food there????????
  Re: Re: I'm Home! by cjs (how was the food??...)
I really didn't eat much of anything there Jean. I was feeling a little delicate. I did taste the chile made by Paula [Fredia's daughter]. She doesn't cook much at all, mostly eats out, but I did have to give it a taste. Surprisingly it was very good. Marilee's daughter won first prize which didn't surprise me since she's a very good cook.

There was plenty of food for everyone, BBQ ribs, chile [of course], the smoked beans which went over very well, plus I made two kinds of cornbread...Tomato and plain. Seems you either really like the Tomato Cornbread or you don't. I was kind of ambivalent about it..it was ok.

Next year there is going to be more rules about the making of the Chile including the most creative name.

So the two events there were the Annual Cotton Family Olympics and the Cotton Family Chile Cookoff.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy