and for Tuesday's dinner???
  Re: (...)
Well---the two of us could not possibly eat an entire pork loin so my leftover roast was enhanced with a savory gravy, served with orzo and asparagus with a very light lemon butter sauce---------YUMMM!!!!

STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE-----AGAIN!!!! but I added a bit of ice cream to make a difference---bad, bad, bad!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: and for Tuesday's dinner??? by Roxanne 21 (Well---the two of us...)
That sounds much better than the french fry sandwiches we're having.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: and for Tuesday's dinner??? by Lorraine (That sounds much bet...)
Whatever we have will be on the fly tonight. Gotta go see my new grandbaby again!!!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: and for Tuesday's dinner??? by Mare749 (Whatever we have wil...)
" don't think it's going to be long after your arrival that there is a freezer delivered to you house "

Did I miss something, Maryann!!!!
  Re: Re: and for Tuesday's dinner??? by Lorraine (" don't think it's g...)
We were going to have leftover Ham & Lentil soup, but Roy Roger's thought of a grd. beef patty grilled and topped with grilled onions instead, so that's what it will be. The soup will be our breakfast. maybe some grilled zucc.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: and for Tuesday's dinner??? by cjs (We were going to hav...)
I am going to make the Cilantro Scampi Cis was kind enough to post. I will be serving it on pasta instead of the biscuits, tho. I must say a juicy hamburger topped with grilled onions sounds awfully tempting.

Lorraine, what are french fry sandwiches? Surely they cant be what they sound like?!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: and for Tuesday's dinner??? by chef_Tab (I am going to make t...)
"Surely they cant be what they sound like? "

That's exactly what they are, Theresa. OT, when we were growing up, Fridays was always home made chip day, with some kind of fish (usually the salmon loaf). Most of us kids wouldn't touch the fish, but since it was also homemade bread day, that was our supper. We only have them once or twice a year now, but they are so good. It only works on plain white bread.
  Re: Re: and for Tuesday's dinner??? by Lorraine ("Surely they cant be...)
....and, Lorraine? you take plain white bread and....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: and for Tuesday's dinner??? by Lorraine ("Surely they cant be...)
yummy a chip butty. Hubby makes them all the time. I am making the chicken pot pie and banana bread from new issue.
  Re: Re: and for Tuesday's dinner??? by Emmasmum (yummy a chip butty....)
We had the reddest, juiciest tomatoes on the kitchen counter. I wanted them to keep the fresh juicy taste. So I sliced and tossed them in some balsamic and EVO. Then I did some sea legs in onion, garlic, peppers and tarragon. Stirred it into the tomato mix and toppped some farfalle. It was good.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life