Asian Frying Technique
  Re: (...)
I was reading an article about Korean Fried Chicken, saying it used an Asian frying technique that renders out the fat in the skin. Anyone have any idea how this is done, thanks for your help!!! The article stated the Chinese call it "paper fried chicken". So how is this done??
  Re: Asian Frying Technique by Barbarainnc (I was reading an art...)
I was poking around and found this, maybe it's a clue:

That episode of Good Eats was repeated a couple of days ago. Alton Brown first steamed the wing segments for ten minutes to render some of the fat and precook. He then baked them on a wire rack on a sheetpan lined with parchment paper for easy cleanup. If I remember correctly, he baked them at 400 for twenty minutes, then turned them over for twenty minutes more. Yes, he mentioned that this seemed very long for such small items, but he said it was necessary to soften all of the connective tissue and crisp them up. He then tossed them in a large bowl with 3 parts melted butter to two parts hot sauce, and claimed they still held their crispiness.
Cis
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Asian Frying Technique by farnfam (I was poking around ...)
It's a term used for Korean fried chicken. It's double fried.

Here is an article on it http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/07/dining...yt&emc=rss
  Re: Re: Asian Frying Technique by DFen911 (It's a term used for...)
sounds delicious!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com