Habanero Gold Jelly Weekend
  Re: Re: Habanero Gold Jelly Weekend by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I've been thinking about doing just that, lab. bet they will be good!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Habanero Gold Jelly Weekend by cjs (I've been thinking a...)
Lorraine, I made this yesterday and it is beautiful - looks like a party in a jar with all these little pieces of confetti. Tastes pretty darn good as well. Lunch was warm jelly on pretzel crisps.

I was able to scrounge about 4 jalapenos out of my garden and used some red and orange hungarian hot wax (subbed those for the red pepper). Going to have to come up with some more jalapenos and make more of this!

Thanks again for sharing the recipe - this was just what I was looking for!
  Re: Re: Habanero Gold Jelly Weekend by iBcookin (Lorraine, I made thi...)
Glad it turned out, and that you like it!!! We have a bunch more habs ripening, will have to do something with them during the week.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Habanero Gold Jelly Weekend by Lorraine (Glad it turned out, ...)
Okay, the bad thing was that I had to share a jar with my father in law. But the good news is that I bought a quart of jalapenos over the weekend and am on the roll now. I can't believe how easy the recipe is, you just have to plan ahead a little to let the apricots soak for the 4 hours.

I think these would make fabulous Christmas presents or little thank yous. They are just so pretty in the jar! And unfortunately, I found myself polishing off the last little bit that was left over.
  Re: Re: Habanero Gold Jelly Weekend by iBcookin (Okay, the bad thing ...)
" can't believe how easy the recipe is "

It sure is. I have never had a jar not jell or seal. We gave all of ours away last Christmas as gifts, and will probably do the same this year. I think in a gift basket, with maybe a little spreading knife, good crackers, a piece of Brie or Camembert,bottle of wine, cocktail napkins, that would be nice. Mind you, folks last year got just the jar of jelly and were very happy.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Habanero Gold Jelly Weekend by Lorraine (" can't believe how ...)
Was thinking on the just the same lines . . . what a nice hostess gift.